What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with SSH for iPad

rotaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having trouble SSH my iPad, works fine with my iPhone4. I've followed several different people's tutorials, but still have not had success. I keep getting the "access denied" error and I've type the "alpine" correctly hundreds of times.

Please help!

OP
R

rotaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
btw I'm running 3.2.2 if that makes a difference

chandara

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have problem with ssh too. but right now i use DiskAid it easy then.sorry my poor English! Ipad 64Gb 3G&Wifi iOS 3.2.2

OP
R

rotaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok thx at least I know that I'm not the only one with this issue anyone else?

MarkK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If it's 3.2.2, is it jailbroken?
If you don't have it jailbroken, you won't have the SSH-server running on it, therefore it won't respond to an SSH-connection.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am going to assume you have jailbroken and installed the OpenSSH package (SSH is not installed with the latest jailbreak). Are you sure you have SSH and Data transfer enabled? The easiest way is to use SBSettings toggles for both. Enable SSH and Data and then reboot the device. After that you should have SSH access. I have been using it quite a bit with no issues at all.

Most reactions

Latest posts