What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with iPad after update to 7.1

riturajsharma19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that my upgrade is done, here is a list of issues that I have experienced on my iPad 4 -
1. Lag while changing the orientation with the onscreen keyboard activated. This is pretty bad actually.
2. The lock/unlock mechanism is mostly hit or miss.
3. Gesture-based actions are not smooth.
Can someone please check issue#1 and post back? This seems to be pretty bad. I can live with the other issues though. All in all, my iPad is no longer as smooth as it was in ios 6.1.3, from which I had upgraded, skipping the 7.0 update altogether.

OP
riturajsharma19

riturajsharma19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 4 lags severely when I try to rotate the orientation with the onscreen keyboard activated, regardless of the app being used. It wasn't there prior to the 7.1 update. Can someone please check the same and post back?
Thanks in advance.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have merged the 2 posts you have made on your issue and given you your own thread, rather than derail the topic in the other threads you had posted in.......please post only once on any issue you are having in accordance with our Rules.

Also keep any new info on these issues to this thread alone!

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was it an update or a restore of the device that you've done? Upgrade is a dual meaning word for a lot of users and they don't usually differentiate them.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Now that my upgrade is done, here is a list of issues that I have experienced on my iPad 4 - 1. Lag while changing the orientation with the onscreen keyboard activated. This is pretty bad actually. 2. The lock/unlock mechanism is mostly hit or miss. 3. Gesture-based actions are not smooth. Can someone please check issue#1 and post back? This seems to be pretty bad. I can live with the other issues though. All in all, my iPad is no longer as smooth as it was in ios 6.1.3, from which I had upgraded, skipping the 7.0 update altogether.

1. I am not having any such problems. Did you try a reset? Its highly recommended after a software update.

2. What do you mean my 'hit or miss'?

3. Same as #1.

RESET : Press and hold the home and power button simultaneously for 10-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. You will NOT loose any data.

OP
riturajsharma19

riturajsharma19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. I am not having any such problems. Did you try a reset? Its highly recommended after a software update.

2. What do you mean my 'hit or miss'?

3. Same as #1.

1. Yes, I have already tried doing a reset.
2. What I actually meant is that the locking and unlocking mechanism is rather inconsistent - the device would just not unlock at the press of the unlock button and sometimes requires multiple presses.

Issue#1 vanishes when I activate the 'Increase Contrast' feature, but to my eyes, that makes the homescreen quite ugly with the grey background for the commonly used apps.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
1. Yes, I have already tried doing a reset.
2. What I actually meant is that the locking and unlocking mechanism is rather inconsistent - the device would just not unlock at the press of the unlock button and sometimes requires multiple presses.

Issue#1 vanishes when I activate the 'Increase Contrast' feature, but to my eyes, that makes the homescreen quite ugly with the grey background for the commonly used apps.

Which button are you using to unlock? Maybe you are not applying enough pressure...

Most reactions