What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with iPad 3/4G+WiFi version owner worldwide!

OP
N

NewForce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, when there's strong 3G signal and in between the new ipad never brought to an area where there's no network coverage like basement carpark, in the lift, in the subway, you'll hardly duplicating such problem. Once the new ipad come across to such situations, it 3G signal start struggling to re-connect by to network. You might see the 3G with 2~3 bar indicated, but it was struggling to get re-connected and re-obtained an IP address. I will try to post some pictures for the reference to what I'm saying about the re-connect network, re-obtain IP.

As promised, here's a few screenshots when "3G Cellular Data Not Connected" occured & SystemTools app showed the new iPad not able to re-obtain an IP address with no "Network Public and Whois" information display.

Attachments

• IMG_0004.PNG
    IMG_0004.PNG
    386.2 KB · Views: 2,735
  • IMG_0005.PNG
    IMG_0005.PNG
    390.9 KB · Views: 2,161
  • IMG_0006.PNG
    IMG_0006.PNG
    50.2 KB · Views: 2,107
  • IMG_0007.PNG
    IMG_0007.PNG
    112.4 KB · Views: 2,338
  • 3G issue - 1.jpg
    3G issue - 1.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 295
Last edited:

pb3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh my gosh.. the problem we've seen daily since 03/16 finally public!

NewForce, that's me!
Wow, me and all other victims of this problem hardwork now finally been paid-off! I'm in tears.

In tears? A bit melodramatic surely? :D

If it helps i have exactly the same problems you have. In fact I started a thread the day before yours.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-3-fo...ting-3g-networks-ipad-3-after-using-wifi.html

Perhaps the mods may consider merging my thread into yours? Thanks for the useful info you posted such as the links to the threads on the Apple support forums.

Given that my iPad is apparently among a small exclusive pool out of 3 million, I'm a bit aggrieved that I haven't won anything on this weekend's lottery draw :(

I've booked a genius bar appointment next week. I may take a printout of your links along.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-3-fo...ting-3g-networks-ipad-3-after-using-wifi.html

OP
N

NewForce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In tears? A bit melodramatic surely? :D

If it helps i have exactly the same problems you have. In fact I started a thread the day before yours.

Perhaps the mods may consider merging my thread into yours? Thanks for the useful info you posted such as the links to the threads on the Apple support forums.

Given that my iPad is apparently among a small exclusive pool out of 3 million, I'm a bit aggrieved that I haven't won anything on this weekend's lottery draw :(

I've booked a genius bar appointment nextweek. I may take a printout of your links along.

Yes pb3 I've saw your post too, after 1 day later when Apple Support Communities
deleted my 03/29 thread title "GLOBAL WARNING, to all potential new ipad owner".
Then I have decided to post here with the same title just later to found out that,
admin col.cbris disagreed with the title and got it rename to what it is now.

I'm ok about our threads merging as we shared the same tears. :thumbs:

Poor man like you & I surely have to count on to strike a lottery.
Otherwise we hardly have a chance drive a Mercedes or Porsche,
and done with driving just a Renault, Volkswagen or Volvo in our life time.
:p

Last edited:
OP
N

NewForce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After rethink of all users situation on the problem we've seen so far, I'm having more suspect & remedy suggestion to our cause,

1. iOS 5.1 having bugs.
2. Qualcomm radio chipset issues in design, driver & firmware.

3. New iPad power regulating IC & circuitry having problem distributing adequate voltage & power to Qualcomm 3/4G radio chipset & Broadcom WiFi chipset. This may due to new iPad high resiolution 2048x1548 screen consuming too many power and Apple are trying hard to save power from all possible ways. Look like Apple aimed for beyond Full resolution HD has took a set back and jeopardized it own product performance.

4. New iPad 42.5W battery pack poor quality, voltage & power inconsistency.
5. New iPad internal heat dissipating issue, resulted poor chipsets and battery pack performance.

For item 1, Apple might able to fix it with iOS 5.2 or 5.1.1.
For item 2, Apple could partially fix on the driver & firmware change, but not on radio chipset design issue. A New iPad Recall or Replacement can help.
For item 3, A firmware changed may help to re-distributing adequate voltage and power the Qualcomm & Broadcom chipsets.
For item 4, A New iPad Recall or Replacement or just Battery pack replacement can help.
For item 5, ONLY redesign of new iPad can help. Or a step back solution like Apple help to drill some holes with our warranty still intact. Some users may object this idea though.

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A more likely situation is that there are simply some defective units out in the wild. My machine has none of the issues you describe so that effectively rules out issues like "poor quality" etc. I don't think you conjecturing is really helping the issue at all.

OP
N

NewForce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A more likely situation is that there are simply some defective units out in the wild. My machine has none of the issues you describe so that effectively rules out issues like "poor quality" etc. I don't think you conjecturing is really helping the issue at all.
Ok let's makes it clear and once and for all.

Firstable, I am not sure why you are so defensive.
Since you're SO LUCKY with, "my new iPad has non of the issue" that we, yes please remembered hard it's not just me, has been suffering since day 1, then why are you even bother to post here?

Are you trying to put salts onto our already wounded head or are you really trying to help? If you belong to the earlier, YOU ARE NOT HELPING TOO. thanks but no thanks. If you belong to the later, you're most welcome to provide your advice to solve our problem.

Please also remembered hard, this is a 3G cellular not connected issue discussion thread. If there's no lead, no analysis, then it has no point to continue, and the discussion come to a stopped.

Btw,
Do you ever been into an issue discussion meeting with non of the issue?
Do you ever see a lawsuit or investigation without a lead to discuss?
Or do you at least own a TV and did watches some investigation TV drama?

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If we can't keep it friendly, let's at least try to keep it civilized, please.

This conversation does not need to get ugly. Some people are having problems. That doesn't mean they have done anything wrong. Some are not. That doesn't make them fanboys. Members' financial interests are not up for discussion here.

Stay on topic, please.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
As KevinJS says, please remember our rules. Be respectful!

I too have this problem, but I don't class myself as a victim. I'm dealing with a bug in the baseband which I believe, based on my years of experience, will be fixed by Apple in due course. It's an inconvenience to me, bit its not the end of my world.
This issue is obviously a major problem for NewForce, but lets all try and keep a level head and have a rational discussion. OK?

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Newforce, I don't know why you responded as you did. I'm not saying that you and others don't have some problems or that your issues aren't real, but I'm just saying that some of your speculations are just off target since plenty of folks are not having the issues. I'm sure sooner or later the reasons for your issues will come to light and get solved.

Edit: corrected typos which could lead to misunderstanding.

Last edited:
OP
N

NewForce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If we can't keep it friendly, let's at least try to keep it civilized, please.

This conversation does not need to get ugly. Some people are having problems. That doesn't mean they have done anything wrong. Some are not. That doesn't make them fanboys. Members' financial interests are not up for discussion here.

Stay on topic, please.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini
As KevinJS says, please remember our rules. Be respectful!

I too have this problem, but I don't class myself as a victim. I'm dealing with a bug in the baseband which I believe, based on my years of experience, will be fixed by Apple in due course. It's an inconvenience to me, bit its not the end of my world.
This issue is obviously a major problem for NewForce, but lets all try and keep a level head and have a rational discussion. OK?
Fair enough and I respect forum rules. I have retrieved some of my words toward AC_OC.

Newforce, I don't know why you responded as you did. I'm not saying that are and others don't have some problems or that your issues are real, but I'm just saying that some of your speculations are just off target since plenty of folks are not having the issues. I'm sure sooner or later the reasons for your issues will come to light and get solved.
Sorry that was out of some of anger when,

1. Apple are still keeping a silence on this issue. This making all the suffering users look like a fools with nothing to fix the problem.

2. Although my new iPad does not having scren bleeding, overheat & wifi issues (yes new ipad wifi signal are confirmed weaker than iPad2), but it has already disgraced me many time in front of my friends and in the public when I'm trying to tell people how great it was. I am now full of frustration with it My good old iPad 2 64GB+3G+Wifi does not treat me with that rotten way for 5 great months.

3. When I've sensed that you're tried to implying that it's only my make up story by using "My machine has none of the issues you describe". Remembered, there's many users across 4 different continents are reflecting they having the same issue.

My further mentioning leads is to put more analysis for discussion not what you'd mentioned they are for speculation. Too bad they're not up to your liking. Some commotion done, but over here I am still hope that we could finally come to a common understanding so we could continue to discuss in a friendly manner.

Hope you understand my points and let's look forward for better communication between you & me. Many thanks for your understanding first.

Last edited:
OP
N

NewForce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To date, Apple has not stand forward and face the problem like real big corporation. This has really further tarnishing their already look ugly after sales service images. Everytime when there's problem in their products, they have always choosen to coward behind Apple Corporation building at Cupertino. This really isn't what a REAL MAN should act.

If we look around, Google, IBM, Microsoft and so on.. if problem like this arise in their products, they had always stand forward and quickly provide a solution to the trouble. I used to hate a lots about Microsoft Windows Update. But now compare it to Apple lousy attitude, Microsoft infact are 10x better Corporation than the sissy Apple.

Think again, Apple are inadequate Corporation, lacking professionals to deal with products crissis. Look what happened with Flashback virus/malware. This is a problem that Microsoft could have easily solved in a day or 2, and yet the inadequate Apple took more than 5 months. Look like Google, IBM, Microsoft and the rest, except Apple, has got their professionals well trained to deal with any crisis when they arise. Well done to all of Google, IBM, Microsoft staffs.

In this round, Google, IBM, Microsoft and the rest scored 80 out of 100. :thumbs::thumbs:
Too bad Apple, too bad, you had only scored 20 out of 100. :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Last edited:

Faceless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm from Russia, using new iPad 32gb* 3/4g+ Wifi.* My serial number starts with DLXH and I also have this huge problem!! This issue ruins all the idea of tablet and makes iPad so horrible device to work with. Btw, my carrier is Megafon. None of ways of resolving problem worked( SIM PIN, network reset, etc). In Russia many people have same problems. Our forums are full of negative speeches about 3G issue.
Apple, make something or New iPad will be the last device with apple image on the box for many users like me.

P.S in Russia price for 32gb new iPad is 1300 $. 1300$ for device with non working 3G??? R U SERIOUS!????

Last edited:

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm in US so mine works with 3 and 4G/LTE (Verizon) but I do have to some days reboot before it will connect with 3G. Not a biggie for me and I expect the bug to be corrected. My understanding is that 4G won't work with a number of other countries' format for that speed. That's a shame but I would think 3G would work as its been working all over the world for two years with the original and Ipad Two. If you only have to reboot as I do, then I'm not terribly sympathetic.

OP
N

NewForce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm from Russia, using new iPad 32gb* 3/4g+ Wifi.* My serial number starts with DLXH and I also have this huge problem!! This issue ruins all the idea of tablet and makes iPad so horrible device to work with. Btw, my carrier is Megafon. None of ways of resolving problem worked( SIM PIN, network reset, etc). In Russia many people have same problems. Our forums are full of negative speeches about 3G issue.
Apple, make something or New iPad will be the last device with apple image on the box for many users like me.

P.S in Russia price for 32gb new iPad is 1300 $. 1300$ for device with non working 3G??? R U SERIOUS!????

I'm in US so mine works with 3 and 4G/LTE (Verizon) but I do have to some days reboot before it will connect with 3G. Not a biggie for me and I expect the bug to be corrected. My understanding is that 4G won't work with a number of other countries' format for that speed. That's a shame but I would think 3G would work as its been working all over the world for two years with the original and Ipad Two. If you only have to reboot as I do, then I'm not terribly sympathetic.
Omg.. there's more victims of this issue in Russia.
It's so obviously truth, there's no conspiracy behind us, the new iPad indeed are having bugs or hardware issues.

acbc2k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello from Malaysia. Bought new iPad from Singapore early this month while on business trip. Current telco is Maxis 3G and having same 3G issues. Serial number also starts with DLXH. After leaving the house (which is on WiFi), 3G will connect but connection is painfully slow. Once I leave for work, 3G icon disappear and remain that way until I force reboot it (press Home + Sleep buttons). Had to do it 2-3 times to get the connection back. Once back, it is slow.

For the time being, I have disabled Cellular Data and used my old Huawei 3G MiFi (which has 5 hours battery life) to gain 3G connectivity. My old iPad1 3G don't have this issue.

Most reactions

Latest posts