What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues with Air

OP
panchucko

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 9 to 5 site. Crashed me too here I thought I was going to be good.

If I tap on link it crashes, if I hold and tell it to open in new tab it doesn't crash.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The 9 to 5 site. Crashed me too here I thought I was going to be good.

If I tap on link it crashes, if I hold and tell it to open in new tab it doesn't crash.
I tried that and it won't open in a new tab.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i'm not sure how, I haven't used that site before.
Certainly not the reason for your crashes, because you didn't go there before.
But since this link was posted, Safari crashed on 4 different devices, which were trying to access this site. That's why I thought this site could also be a reason to get crashes on Safari. (And, in addition, because I never experienced crashes before I tried this link.)

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Certainly not the reason for your crashes, because you didn't go there before.
But since this link was posted, Safari crashed on 4 different devices, which were trying to access this site. That's why I thought this site could also be a reason to get crashes on Safari. (And, in addition, because I never experienced crashes before I tried this link.)
This gets stranger doesn't it, I got it to open in a new tab and it crashed again, at least Apple will be getting all these crash reports from me as I have it enabled in settings.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Safari only crashed when I tried to open that website, twice. It works without problems since then, and it did so before.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Safari only crashed when I tried to open that website, twice. It works without problems since then, and it did so before.
Mine is working ok at the moment but it will crash at some point, I was given a phone number and extension last week by a Senior Advisor at Apple who asked me to ring him if the issue continued, I think I will ring him tomorrow.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Mine is working ok at the moment but it will crash at some point, I was given a phone number and extension last week by a Senior Advisor at Apple who asked me to ring him if the issue continued, I think I will ring him tomorrow.
That's certainly a very good idea. Maybe you can give some important information in addition to the reports they're already getting.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's certainly a very good idea. Maybe you can give some important information in addition to the reports they're already getting.
Thats what I'm thinking, I can give him the link to the site that has crashed all those iPads and the fact that it isn't just Air that has the issue, Every bit of info helps.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That 9-to-5 page crashes my mini 2 as well. I've been crash free before going there. This is surely a software interaction issue.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just for giggles and poop, has anyone tried the Atomic web browser or some other ones besides safari and chrome? Just curious. I use atomic sometimes and it's pretty good. I haven't had any crashing problems though..... Hmmmmm......

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just for giggles and poop, has anyone tried the Atomic web browser or some other ones besides safari and chrome? Just curious. I use atomic sometimes and it's pretty good. I haven't had any crashing problems though..... Hmmmmm......
I'm not sure if anyone has but it doesn't seem to be a browser issue, Its more likely that its a Software problem, all the same i suppose it wouldn't hurt for input on that question.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That 9-to-5 page crashes my mini 2 as well. I've been crash free before going there. This is surely a software interaction issue.

I'm a little late reading this. But I just tried the 9-5 page all the way down to the last comment. No crash on my iPad Air wifi + cellular Verizon with just 2 bars on my cellular signal.. 128GB

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm a little late reading this. But I just tried the 9-5 page all the way down to the last comment. No crash on my iPad Air wifi + cellular Verizon with just 2 bars on my cellular signal.. 128GB

I too was able to read the page after fiddling around with it, but I still eventually got safari to crash.

Wildfire

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I too was able to read the page after fiddling around with it, but I still eventually got safari to crash.

Weird...
For once I haven't had any problems with this new iPad. Knock on Wood!
But since so many do have a similar problem(s), let's hope Apple will come to the rescue...quickly!

As one of our fearless leaders once said, "I feel your pain..."

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Latest posts