Issues with Air

Discussion in 'iPad Air Forum' started by panchucko, Nov 11, 2013.

1. markbnh1

markbnh1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I too did a complete reset and restore today at the apple store. I used it all afternoon putting apps back on, using Safari, and had no crashes. Just as I thought all had been fixed I went to a web site that caused all kinds of crashes last night ( actually a favorable review site of the Air) and guess what? A low memory crash again. I don't know why that particular web site is so bad. It even crashed my iPad 2. So, it's much improved with the clean install but not foolproof!

Sent from my iPad Air using IPF

#11 markbnh1, Nov 13, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  2. Husq250

Husq250
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Glad to hear of the improvements. Seems it is software related then? My diagnostics and usage list is getting longer and longer. Not all crash reports but some are starting to show up. I did a restore from my iPad 2 back up which is probably a bad idea considering how old it is but I had a lot of data from apps that I would otherwise have to email it in or Dropbox it in. That would be supper time consuming. However, if I feel my performance is not up to par I'm glad doing a clean set up as new just might help which I would certainly do.

3. Poisonivy

Poisonivy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Glad to hear you have solved your problem, last night i cleared my cookies and history to see if that helps.

4. Poisonivy

Poisonivy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    The 7.0.4 update is out.

5. panchucko

panchucko
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ok, on the third day I started getting safari crashes again, it is happening when on Facebook and replying to a thread and trying to attach a photo to the comment. I can make it happen at will.

I hear 7.0.4 is out I may upgrade now

6. Poisonivy

Poisonivy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    As i said yesterday i cleared my cookies and history and so far no more crashes ( touch wood) try it, it might just work.....i updated to 7.0.4 too.

7. markbnh1

markbnh1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I just installed the 7.0.4 upgrade also. My Air has been running much better since the clean reinstall so maybe this will help a little also. Not a single low memory crash yet today! Crossing fingers........

Sent from my iPad Air using iPF

8. Poisonivy

Poisonivy
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Take advantage of your free 90 day Apple phone support, they may be able to help over the phone....also have you tried any of the fixes in this thread?

#18 Poisonivy, Nov 15, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2013
  9. markbnh1

markbnh1
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ethanjeffrey is correct. There are many many posts on the apple forums about low memory crashes in Safari.....on all iPads. The feeling is that it is related to iOS 7. They even list several websites that cause the crash on every iPad Air. Sure enough, when I tried the sites on my iPad, I got the dreaded low memory crash. I have until Monday to decide if I'm keeping or returning this one. I kind of like it, but I hate owning a deficient product.

Sent from my iPad Air using iPF

10. argon

argon
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yes, owning a defective/deficient product is no fun. Here's my Apple Corp tale of woe: A few years ago I bought an iPod (Gen.3 ?) that quickly became super hot when turned on after just a couple of days of buying it. (The store/military PX informed me that all issues were to be addressed by Apple; they could not, themselves, give me a new replacement and return the defective unit to Apple, per Apple protocol.) Rather than mail it in to Apple, I opted to drive to the nearest Apple store and get a new one as a replacement. I drove 60 miles, the last 10 miles taking 45 minutes in rush-hour traffic (Austin, TX) only to be told by the store rep that they would have to check it out first (it did not matter if she could feel the intense heat within a minute or two), so I was told to come back in a week for a replacement -- not in the same color ("not available"), but for a refurbished one in a color I didn't want. I want to avoid that very inconvenient and quasi-unethical senario from happening again; I'm waiting. From my perspective, I'd return any questionable iPad for a refund, and then later, when the bugs are worked out, buy another. (My wife is the one who really wants an Apple iPad AND an iPod Touch.... I am very "gun shy" about making such a sizable investment in Apple products, based on my less-than-optimal experience.)