1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

issues with 2GB of usuage

Discussion in 'iPad Carriers' started by nikita25, Jan 24, 2011.

1. nikita25

nikita25 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Is anyone else running into an issue w/only being able to get 2GB of usage from AT&T? I've already gone over just using my Netflix app since I don't have a WIFI spot at my work.
  2. epb

epb iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    AT&T said 90% of users never use that much and I was in that group - when I canceled 3G service I checked my stats and I hadn't used 2GB is the last 3 months - only 1.2GB.
  3. Jeeper

Jeeper iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I was burning 2GB in about 20 days, then would renew. That's like 40 bucks a month!. I broke down and got wifi (at home, work already had it). Adding to my TV package only added about 15 bucks a month. Plus it's twice as fast. (AT&T u-verse)
  4. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,912 / 1
    After reviewing my data usage I dropped to the 250MB plan. I've never come close to overdoing that, but I only do mail and information style applications when I'm out and about. No movies, or even streaming audio.

I've also chosen to pay for the HotSpot feature on my phone. That's 2GB. This way I get versatility (more devices and two carriers) and a smidgen more total data for about 5 dollars more than the 2GB plan on the iPad.

But I don't work either, at least not at a work place, so I don't have anywhere outside of home that I need an entertainment device.
  5. Mark_K

Mark_K iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How many hours of netflix does 2GB provide you?
  6. Ksane

Ksane iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1 Netflix movie is generally just under 1 gb (same as downloading that movie). So a couple movies and you've used up 2 gb.