What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issues using HDMI connector

DaYiM_90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,
When I connect my iPad 2 to TV via Apple HDMI connector, how to do this:-
1. How to turn off the iPad screen? & still see it on TV.
2. How to make the iPad screen displays on all the TV? Without the two black space on the sides.
PS: I have configured the TV settings to all possible screens, still the iPad doesn't fill it up.
3. Is there any app or cydia tweak to control/remote the iPad via iPhone?

intro2ipad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1) I don't think you can. The iPad screen is mirrored on the HDMI device, although some apps show different views to the HDMI device. For example, keynote will show the presenter one thing on the iPad and the actual presentation via the HDMI device.
2) The problem you're encountering is the TV is probably a 16:9 ratio screen and the iPad is 4:3. Unless you can set your TV to a mode where it stretches 4:3 into 16:9 you'll probably just have to get used to the bars. 16:9 Video should playback without vertical bars though as the iPad is smart enough to use 16:9 for that.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just to add, If your Jailbroken purchase displayout, this allows you to adjust the zoom level of the iPad, therefore fill the tv without the black bars, and as far as I can see there is not reduction in image quality.

To control the iPad via an iPhone you need to install veency onto the iPad then a vnc viewer into the iPhone, that way you can remote into the iPad and control it that way.

Most reactions

Latest posts