ISO with interactive CD-ROM

Discussion in 'iPad Air Forum' started by callmesuli, Aug 31, 2014.

1. callmesuli

callmesuli
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Hello, everyone.

Is there any way to play/run/mount a .iso file of an interactive CD-ROM on the iPad air?

One solution I found is to access my PC remotely through wifi connection via TeamSpeaker and run the ISO with Daemon Tools (since my PC runs Windows 7) , but I was wondering if there was an app that could do it itself so I didn't have to depend on internet connection.

I searched the forum but I didn't find anything that could help.

Thanks in advance.

2. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    If there is, I haven't seen it.

And I rather doubt it's possible. Remember, iOS is not a desktop operating system. It was never designed with external hard drives or CDs in mind, let alone virtual ones.

3. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Unless that program is available as an app in the App Store, it can't be downloaded to and run on an iPad.

4. callmesuli

callmesuli
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the prompt replies. twerppoet, I didn't mean I have a CD-ROM or that I want to play it on any external drive to be connected to the iPad. I just got the .iso and would like to emulate it. But anyways I don't think there's an app for that purpose. Not that I have seen after some digging.

5. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    No problem.

All I can suggest is that you open the .iso file on a computer, then copy the files to cloud storage like DropBox or Box. Or you could use an app like GoodReader to store the files locally.

Hold in mind that even if you could mount an iso on the iPad file access would be all you could do with it. Anything that needed execution off the disk image would be specific to the OS that it was designed for. It would not run on an iPad.

Even locally stored html sites are impractical, since Safari and other iPad browses are not capable of pointing at locally stored files.

Side Note: HTML Presenter can do locally stored sites, but it's limited, doesn't work very well, and you have to package the sites as zip files in DropBox before importing them into the app.