What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ISO with interactive CD-ROM

callmesuli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

Is there any way to play/run/mount a .iso file of an interactive CD-ROM on the iPad air?

One solution I found is to access my PC remotely through wifi connection via TeamSpeaker and run the ISO with Daemon Tools (since my PC runs Windows 7) , but I was wondering if there was an app that could do it itself so I didn't have to depend on internet connection.

I searched the forum but I didn't find anything that could help.

Thanks in advance.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If there is, I haven't seen it.

And I rather doubt it's possible. Remember, iOS is not a desktop operating system. It was never designed with external hard drives or CDs in mind, let alone virtual ones.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unless that program is available as an app in the App Store, it can't be downloaded to and run on an iPad.

OP
callmesuli

callmesuli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the prompt replies. twerppoet, I didn't mean I have a CD-ROM or that I want to play it on any external drive to be connected to the iPad. I just got the .iso and would like to emulate it. But anyways I don't think there's an app for that purpose. Not that I have seen after some digging.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

All I can suggest is that you open the .iso file on a computer, then copy the files to cloud storage like DropBox or Box. Or you could use an app like GoodReader to store the files locally.

Hold in mind that even if you could mount an iso on the iPad file access would be all you could do with it. Anything that needed execution off the disk image would be specific to the OS that it was designed for. It would not run on an iPad.

Even locally stored html sites are impractical, since Safari and other iPad browses are not capable of pointing at locally stored files.

Side Note: HTML Presenter can do locally stored sites, but it's limited, doesn't work very well, and you have to package the sites as zip files in DropBox before importing them into the app.

Most reactions

Latest posts