What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ISO calendar app that will

FoxVernon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...sync with google calendars AND also with microsoft exchange.

Did a search hear already, but didn't find anything that could do the latter (exchange). Perhaps nothing can? :confused:

Thanks,

Fox

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Actually, the iPad will do that with no additional app. It is how I have mine set up now.

In Mail settings, add your Exchange information as normal and include syncing the Calendar (I also sync contacts too)
Then, select Other to add any compatible I-CAL formatted calendar, which includes Google. I sync 5 different calendars with no issues.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I actually prefer the Readdle calender app. So both my regular calendar and it are synced with Google calender. I prefer its larger text, event creation, etc. It just came out with an upgrade and has even more pros. However the enclosed calender app does work okay.

Diane

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Or instead of importing the Google calendars individually you can just add your GMail account the same way you added the exchange account.

Service you don't want synced can be individually turned off within each account.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Except you can only attach to 1 exchange account per device. It will attempt to connect and go though, but there will be sync issues and ghost entries. I have tried this, and it got to where I could not tell what was what. It is more to the way Exchange works than it is with the iPad.

Adding other calendars as either ICAL or CalDAV is going to be the most stable.

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You tried to set up both an Exchange account, and a GMail account? I mean, a GMail account using the default account options, not the alternate Exchange mail setup for Google?

Just want to be certain. I know the GMail account will sync calendars, and for mail it uses IMAP instead of exchange services. I don't know what it uses for calendars with that setup. Just that you can't sync contacts with that option.

Last edited:
OP
F

FoxVernon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks all! I do have gmail and exchange (I think gmail is using exchange actually)...so I have that all working in the normal calendar app, I'm just not so happy with that app. I'm looking for a third party app that is better than the calendar app, AND will sync with exchange and google. Make sense. I don't think Readdle does that or does it?

Fox

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
FoxVernon said:
Thanks all! I do have gmail and exchange (I think gmail is using exchange actually)...so I have that all working in the normal calendar app, I'm just not so happy with that app. I'm looking for a third party app that is better than the calendar app, AND will sync with exchange and google. Make sense. I don't think Readdle does that or does it?

Fox

I only have it synced with Google, so not sure.

Hanani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying also as Fox to buy a 3rd party calendar, I'm using app called WekCal on my iphone4 so any such suggestion for the iPad-2 ?

Thanks

Hanani

Hanani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Will check but I'm trying to understand from their website if indeed supports ms exchange and if they plan on supposing Hebrew (right to left)

Most reactions