What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Isnt hacking illegal?

Inception

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I mean, its technically braking two laws at once, and one of them repeatedly.

First, law against hacking

Oh, and its STEALING! Greed, a deadly sin!
you would be breaking it repeatedly. Making the poor soul who get minimum wage at the hq of that company getting laid off for the thousands of times a dollar in products is stolen away!

Oh, and the feds would get on your case if you overdo it. My friend got sentenced to five in juvie (In texas, you can get arrested at 10) because he was selling his jailbreaking skill.

Is it really worth it?

brrip

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you're going to make a legal standpoint, you'll have to do better than 'law against hacking' ;)

Jailbreaking is not illegal. It does however void your warranty.

Translate: you can't be prosecuted for it, but if Apple knows you're doing it, they can refuse to repair your product if it's damaged because of it.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cool Story Bro!
Your friend was sentenced to five years in juvi for selling his jailbreaking skills? Are you sure it was iPad / iPhone jailbreaking and not really breaking out of a jail?

Anyhoo, whoever let him get sent down for that obviously knew nothing about the law. Are you sure he wasn't being a dirty rotten pirate and distributing stolen applications? That IS illegal. That is NOT jailbreaking.

Anyhoo, we don't support, condone, or allow discussion of piracy and other illegal activities here. See my sig!

Most reactions

Latest posts