What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is your ipad1 running slowly on 5.1.1

Is iOS 5.1.1 faster, slower or same as iOS 4.3.3

• Faster

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Slower

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Same

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

ukgadget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all, I put iOS 5 on my iPad 1 as soon as I could and found it slow and unresponsive. I went back to 4.3.3. I have not tried any updates as this put me off.
My question is have you found 5.1.1 to be slow or fast or the same as 4.3.3 which i am using now.

Thx Chris

Schoff0310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ukgadget said:
Hi all, I put iOS 5 on my iPad 1 as soon as I could and found it slow and unresponsive. I went back to 4.3.3. I have not tried any updates as this put me off.
My question is have you found 5.1.1 to be slow or fast or the same as 4.3.3 which i am using now.

Thx Chris

my iPad is very slow. I thought it might be because my memory is almost full. The Pulse app is painfully slow!!! I have iPad 2

Sent from my iPad using iPF

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Thx Chris

Hey Chris-I haven't noticed slowness on my iPad after the update. I can't remember what 4.3.3 was since I actually started at 4.3.5.

By the way, is this intended to be a Poll Question? Before I move it to general discussion, and want to make certain of it.

OP
U

ukgadget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's a poll. Slower or faster or the same as ios 4.3.3.

Thx

jaidonmitchell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.mobilerepeatershop.com
My iPad iOS is running faster than any cheap iPads. I have never issue with iPad sluggishness because I like to use this iPad very much if you want use slightly so always keep space at least 500 MB in your device. If you make your device fully loaded with data so you have to face problems like slow running.

cutebarbarian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it is...
It getting slower even in 5.0.1 ver iOS.
Anyone can help this problem?

Fedricwalls

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also never feel this issue with my iPad. My iPad having its normal speed, from when I bought it, around 1 year ago. This issues may be occur because of less space in the device's memory.

Schoff0310

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sure it's a memory thing. I can't justify getting a new one as I need to save up for the new iPhone 5 in the Fall!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Intranetsites

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My original fully loaded iPad is crashing all the time

I feel this was a big change starting around mid march mid aprils os update

Can not view more than one page on a pdf

Safari shuts down often
Screen2 shuts down

If reverting backwards to a 4.? Os please tell me and i will do so in heart beat

I assume the new os is optimized for the current new ipad not for original or ipad2

My second choice to abandon this 1.5 year old tablet and buy current version

jweiner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My issue isn't speed, but since I upgraded, I keep having my WiFi drop out. Any one else havingi this issue? Shutting down and restarting does bring it back, but that's not the fix I'm looking for.

Most reactions

Latest posts