What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is your iPad jailbroken?

Is your iPad jailbroken?

• Yes

Votes: 62 23.9%
  • No

Votes: 166 64.1%
  • I plan to jailbreak when it is available for my firmware.

Votes: 28 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I jailbreak EVERYTHING! as I paid for it. My PS3 is jailbreaked and there is NOTHING $ony can do about it as ITS MINE and I want to jailbreak it.
I'd like to see them take me to court for doing what I want to MY device.
I paid for it, if I want to jailbreak it then I will.

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want to jailbreak mine simply because I enjoy having an iPad and using it the way Apple constructed it. I'm so afraid of messing something up if I get it jailbroken. I know that people can do it very very easily w/o do any damage what-so-ever to the iPad, but you never know. I guess it all boils down to the fact that I think it's morally wrong.

Morally wrong? You're not stealing anything. You paid good money for it, you take it home, just like Iphone, you should be able to use it the way you want. Jailbreaking isn't illegal, it isn't wrong. If you put windows 7 on a vista computer are you breaking the law? No of course not. Jailbreaking is merely tailoring the device for your own needs.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you put windows 7 on a vista computer are you breaking the law? No of course not.
Of course not... because you are replacing one operating system with another one from the same company! If you install Windows7 on a computer that previously had Vista, you will still get support and updates from Microsoft, but when you jailbreak an Apple mobile device, you will no longer get support from Apple. There is no 1-800 number to call for help. Your sole source of help is searching Internet forums. The is no guarantee that the jailbreak will work seamlessly with the Apple iOS or that your Apple mobile device will continue to work normally. And if it doesn't, there is no one to complain to.

I agree that the iOS on the iPad does not fully exploit the capabilities of the device, not even iOS 4.2, but jailbreaking is done at your own risk with no guarantees of any kind.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, i just jailbroke my 3.2.2 with limera1...easy as hell...juss download exe. To computer, attach ipad, n good to go..juss follow instructions...im soooo happy ..im bout to go app shoppin in cydia. ;-)

lanimae

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're right about the 1800 help. Not that they are particularly helpful LOL I get much more help from forums then Apple. Like my iphone 4 prox sensor (I had no idea it had one or where it was located). My gelaskin partially covered it. Apple had no idea even though I sent a pic in. It took a friend to slightly reposition the top front gelaskin panel. I've never had any trouble with jailbreak and the only reason not to have done it on the iphone 4 is I haven't had the need as yet. But I will when the Ipad arrives. I think we all agree that the I-devices could be better if they were not so hamstrung by Apple. Maybe it's their paranoia LOL. In any event, it won't stop me. And, if it all goes tits-ups, then resto
re (after taking the hostfile out of course or the situation will be worse)

Last edited:

toasty_hoodie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I removed my jailbreak after a few hours. Saw no benefit for me. I don't want to adjust the UI on it, as I like it stock. No other JB apps appealed to me. So I decided to remove it only after a few hours

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you put windows 7 on a vista computer are you breaking the law? No of course not.
Of course not... because you are replacing one operating system with another one from the same company! If you install Windows7 on a computer that previously had Vista, you will still get support and updates from Microsoft, but when you jailbreak an Apple mobile device, you will no longer get support from Apple. There is no 1-800 number to call for help. Your sole source of help is searching Internet forums. The is no guarantee that the jailbreak will work seamlessly with the Apple iOS or that your Apple mobile device will continue to work normally. And if it doesn't, there is no one to complain to.

I agree that the iOS on the iPad does not fully exploit the capabilities of the device, not even iOS 4.2, but jailbreaking is done at your own risk with no guarantees of any kind

Well said. Very well said. And trust me ~ I so want to JB ~ but I have read so much and seen some.

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, and I probably won't consider it until such time as the newest firmware update leaves me out in the cold.

That's what happened with my iPod Touch. It was when the 4.0 IOS came out and my model only received a partial nod in that update that I considered the jailbreak.

dupont2005

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Nope and don't plan to either. It already does everything I want it to do and more and I imagine does it more reliably than the jailbroken ones.

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine is not JB yet. I wanted to do the 4.2 update first, in order to utilize the folder, and multi-tasking feature.

leey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hmm, I have jailbroken my iPad a month ago, bcz I want to install flash on my iPad, as some videos are needed flash support, but sometimes I didn't want to do much conversion with iFunia iPad video converter, so jailbroken it with spirit.
But now it's reversible. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts