What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is your iPad jailbroken?

Is your iPad jailbroken?

• Yes

Votes: 62 23.9%
  • No

Votes: 166 64.1%
  • I plan to jailbreak when it is available for my firmware.

Votes: 28 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 1.2%

• Total voters

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I dont actually plan on jailbreaking at all. I generally tinker a lot with gadgets and have JB most of the other things I have gotten, but usually, I end up going back to the default firmware.

The iPad as it is, just works. I dont see a reason other than to say "yeah, mine is JB" to do it.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wouldn't even own a iOS device if it weren't for the ability to jailbreak. I am simply biding my time until I can finally JB my Ipad.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine was jailbroken and I would recommend it to anyone and everyone that has an iOS device...but I have opted to try out 4.2 early and so far it is doing everything I need it to do...and they added some features that were the reason I jailbroke.....so if they decide to add full file system access and/or a browser that can read SD card data there will be no reason to jailbreak anymore.

Actually add homescreen widgets and expose and there will be 0 reason to jailbreak.

devis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some funny answers in this thread. I jailbroke mine literally minutes after unboxing it. Took me a day or so to figure out this and that and to install what was needed to bring it to a level usability i'm comfortable with. So yes, I agree, JB is the only way to use this to its full potential.

Hudmaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want to jailbreak mine simply because I enjoy having an iPad and using it the way Apple constructed it. I'm so afraid of messing something up if I get it jailbroken. I know that people can do it very very easily w/o do any damage what-so-ever to the iPad, but you never know. I guess it all boils down to the fact that I think it's morally wrong.

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To all those that haven't or wont jailbreak... You are missing out of the iPads full potential.
It can do so much more. I'm on 3.2.1 and I already have multitasking, I have all the features of iOS4 already coz of jailbreaking.
All the new iOS's add are features jailbreakers already have. There usually is nothing new if you already jailbreak but you are months behind if you don't.

As I always say "Apple wants clones not customers" Which is what you are if you don't jailbreak and make it YOURS.

NakedFaerie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't want to jailbreak mine simply because I enjoy having an iPad and using it the way Apple constructed it. I'm so afraid of messing something up if I get it jailbroken. I know that people can do it very very easily w/o do any damage what-so-ever to the iPad, but you never know. I guess it all boils down to the fact that I think it's morally wrong.

Look at my post above. You are a clone.

How can it be morally wrong? Is it YOUR iPad or Apples? I thought you brought it? SO that makes it your device right? Then you can do whatever you like to it including jailbreaking it.

EG: When you buy a book do you open it up and read it or wait for the writer to tell you when to turn the page? Do you have the option to write in the book yourself with a pen? What about a bookmark?
The same with the iPad. It's yours now. Do whatever you like with it. If you want it to do something Apple say it cant them whats stopping you?

Stop being clones and enjoy your expensive iPad. In the end you paid for it so its yours.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score

What do morals and gadgets have to do with each other? It would be morally wrong to bludgeon someone on the head with an iPad.....it's not even legally wrong to jailbreak...as much as apple for some reason wishes it were.

Eventually a court will decide that apple needs to include a jailbreak mode in the os since it's insane that you constantly have to fight with your payed for device.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess it all boils down to the fact that I think it's morally wrong.
Maybe he has another iPad in another city along with a couple of iPods on the side and he doesn't want this iPad to know about them!

Hudmaster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just thought that it was illegal, but I guess it's just the app that people download on their iPod Touches that allows them to get everything from the app store for free is illegal. Okay, you guys have convinced me. How and where can I get it jailbroken? And what are the benefits of doing so? I think I'll create a new thread so this one doesn't get jammed up. I'll post the link in a second...

Most reactions

Latest posts