What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is your iPad battery better since iOS 5 upgrade?

Is your iPad battery better since iOS 5 upgrade?

• Better

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Worse

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No Change

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GnomeGrrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A.K said:
Hmm I see...just try these too...
Keep the wifi off when u don't use it (wifi cause heavy battery consumption)
Keep the blue tooth off when u don't use it
And I would suggest u keep the I pad in power off rather than sleep mode at night.

Only time I don't use the WiFi is when I'm reading, but I have turned Bluetooth off.

Though, I did return the original yesterday as it had a chip in the case when it was opened. So far, the battery life is much improved, but it's early days yet. I'll post again in a day or two after its had a good workout.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The same ... Battery has always had a short life span.

Sent from my Pink Hearts Sparkly Black Verizon 32GB iPhone 4 using iPF

Elcid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Catmom,

Sorry, the hard reboot worked for me ... I can't suggest anything else, but maybe someone else will have a suggestion that works. Good Luck!

GnomeGrrl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
richsadams said:
The reference is to the iPhone 4S battery life, not the iPad. It would be nice if the iPad benefits from whatever changes are made in iOS 5.0.1 though.

Apple today are saying iOS 5 devices, not just the 4S. Presumably, the iPhone has been targeted more as its release coincided with the release of iOS 5.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple today are saying iOS 5 devices, not just the 4S. Presumably, the iPhone has been targeted more as its release coincided with the release of iOS 5.
Although I haven't really noticed any changes to the battery life with my iPad, fingers crossed that they'll be able to make it last even (amazingly) longer!

A.K

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i guess it was a problem with ur old i pad .hows the new one working?and have u tried the ios5.1

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i guess it was a problem with ur old i pad .hows the new one working?and have u tried the ios5.1
The next update, iOS 5.0.1 is in its second beta release and won't be available to the public for a "few weeks" according to Apple.

Hiarcs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got worse, hopefully they will fix it since iOS 5 its quite simply the best OS ever, in terms of size (extremely important performance-wise), functionality and performance.

punkBarbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ringkoypaglinawan said:
Mine worsened tremendously:((. Is there any solution to this?

Mine too. My ipad2 is roughly 3 weeks old. I got it with the old os which i used for like 2 days. The battery was awesome then. When i upgraded to ios5 it just went crazy. I have to charge it every single day. What is this hard reboot that i've seen mentioned here? Is it a solution to this issue?

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine too. My ipad2 is roughly 3 weeks old. I got it with the old os which i used for like 2 days. The battery was awesome then. When i upgraded to ios5 it just went crazy. I have to charge it every single day. What is this hard reboot that i've seen mentioned here? Is it a solution to this issue?
Here's what I'd recommend in this order (see if things improve after each one)...

Quit Apps: To quit an app double press the Home button and the Multitasking Tray will appear at the bottom of the screen revealing all of the open apps. Tap and hold any app icon until all of the icons start jiggling. A red circle with a "-" (minus sign) will appear in the upper left-hand corner of each icon. Tap the red circle and the app will close.

Restart the iPad: Press and hold down the Sleep/wake switch on the top edge of the iPad for few seconds until the red slider appears, slide this across to shut the iPad down. Restart the iPad by pressing the Sleep/wake switch until the Apple logo appears.

Reset the iPad: You can do this by pressing the Home button and the Sleep/wake switch on the top the iPad's case and holding them down together for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo. The iPad should then reset itself. The boot up process takes a few minutes and then the iPad should be responsive again. More here:

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

Most reactions

Latest posts