What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is your iPad battery better since iOS 5 upgrade?

Is your iPad battery better since iOS 5 upgrade?

• Better

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • Worse

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • No Change

Votes: 18 43.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stevnim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are folks reporting changes in battery usage. What's your experience since iOS 5 upgrade?

Last edited:

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes! Massive improvement in battery life. Watching rugby, using Facebook app, playing games, web surfing, all notifications switched on, and averaging 20 hours, sometimes more. That's not including the tme it is in standby, that's just it's active time. As I've posted elsewhere, I do let the battery completely die before charging, and charge fully before use.

garanth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm mine seems to worse, but that's probably because I am using it more since IOS 5 upgrade. :)
I'll have to do a proper test.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
garanth said:
Hmm mine seems to worse, but that's probably because I am using it more since IOS 5 upgrade. :)
I'll have to do a proper test.
I'm watching mine like a hawk now! I put it on at 2 pm yesterday, at 100%. Had music on it, quite a lot. Also was web browsing, then my granddaughter came, she played games on it, there were five of us in the house and it was in use constantly until I went to bed at 1am. That's eleven hours, and it been on two hours this morning as the kids had things to look up for school. Battery is now on 15%. That's still great, and it was the first time music was on it for most of the time it was being used for other stuff. So I estimate another two hours, and it will die and go on charge.

Does anyone else use it when it's plugged in? I don't, I let it charge up... It's good for me to use that time for housework!!!

kulurz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are folks reporting changes in battery usage. What's your experience since iOS 5 upgrade?

I thought it was just my imagination, but I have noticed that my battery life DOES seem to be extended.

I don't know exactly by how much, but I would estimate somewhere around 10-15%.

I'm glad to see this, because one of the most dissapointing features of the iPad2 before the iOS5 update was the low battery life and this is a DECENT improvement.

BMC

SammyH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I wish I paid more attention, LOL!
Most of the time that I've been using mine since upgrading to iOS5, I've had iRig MIDI plugged in, with the USB power connected. So my battery isn't running down.
I'll definitely be on the look out for this now.

Milliebert

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought it was just my imagination, but I have noticed that my battery life DOES seem to be extended.

I don't know exactly by how much, but I would estimate somewhere around 10-15%.

I'm glad to see this, because one of the most dissapointing features of the iPad2 before the iOS5 update was the low battery life and this is a DECENT improvement.

BMC

You thought ten hours disappointing? Wow, I was lucky to get two hours from my laptop... so I thought the iPad battery was amazing!

dotcompals

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After 100% charge, at what point one should charge the iPad Again ?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
After 100% charge, at what point one should charge the iPad Again ?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Whenever you want. It has no impact on the battery, it's life, or it's ability to hold a full charge.

Dan_Knight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Contrary to what a lot of people are reporting, I have had a noticeable decrease in battery life. I was getting well over 15 hours measured battery life, even when using WiFi almost all the time.
Now that I've updated to OS 5, I am not even getting 80% of that. I will be monitoring it, but frankly, if it doesn't improve, I'm going to have to downgrade back to 4.3. I just hope Apple doesn't eliminate signatures for 4.3 very soon (I know 4.3.3 is totally out, and I never saved my SHSH blob). I know how much they want to control what is on everyone's device, but weakening the battery longevity forcefully will be enough for me to demand a replacement and possibly even to demand a downgrade. They don't have any right to forcibly require updates. I only performed the update because I wanted a clean install I had accumulated too much clutter and there were some orphan data that were taking up too much space. If this persists I'm going to have to fight with them.

Most reactions

Latest posts