What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is whatsapp free for ipad2 ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Let me put this plain and simple: WhatsApp is an iPhone tweak that is $.99 (USD) at the App Store. It is NOT free.

Jail breaking, while allowing you to install WhatsApp on your iPad (with a bit more fiddling than you'd think) - is NOT going to get that app for you for free. To get a paid app for free is called piracy, which theft, which is illegal. In addition, piracy, and any discussion thereof is against this forum's rules.

Bottom line - WhatsApp is an iPhone app that costs money. It can be bought and put on a jail broken iPad (again, with a bit of work).

Marilyn

Drew wal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I downloaded whatsapp for my partners iphone 4 last week for free :

Hers is NOT jailbreaked either :)

image-3486452328.jpg

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good catch and my apologies to all!

The developer started offering the WhatsApp app for free around 20 December 2012. I'm gonna assume it was for the holidays - though they have not yet put the price back on it. So, it's still free...

I was wrong about the [current] price. Sorry. So - go get it before the price increases. However, and again, it only works on a jail broken iPad - it will not work on a stock one.

Thanks for the correction.

Marilyn

Most reactions