What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this old news?

MIKES3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just read that if you currently have an A5 or A5x 5.01 Ipad and you upgraded to 5.1 you are able to return it back to 5.01 so you can stay jail broken until its out for the 5.1

Any one read this?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just read that if you currently have an A5 or A5x 5.01 Ipad and you upgraded to 5.1 you are able to return it back to 5.01 so you can stay jail broken until its out for the 5.1

Any one read this?

No, unfortunately, I don't know where you got that info from but it is way wrong. If you have an A5 device and you upgrade it to iOS 5.1, you can NOT go back down to 5.0.1.

So, if you have one of these devices (iPad2 or the iPhone 4S) then do not upgrade to iOS 5.1.

It's moot with the iPad3 and it's A5X chip - it came with iOS 5.1 and is not downgrade able anyway...

So, don't believe whomever wrote that article you just read. They are incorrect.

Marilyn

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Any one read this?

I read the same thing at modmyi.com I think. Sure hope they release it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, you mean that tweet from iH8sn0w back on 25 March (-ish).

AFAIK, there's been no more news about it what he's done or discovered. So, until we hear differently, we still can't downgrade the iPad2 (or the iPhone 4S) off of iOS 5.1.

And yeah, here's hoping something comes from it ...

Marilyn

Redneck_Randy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here's a small part of the article.

iH8sn0w, developer of Sn0wbreeze - developer of popular jailbreak tool for Windows users has just revealed that he has managed to successfully downgrade his iPad 2 to iOS 5.0.1 from iOS 5.1. He tweeted: Found a loophole in Apple's apticket system. Restored my iPad 2 to 5.0.1 from 5.1. Works on all A5 devices. :)
A5X devices will work too once Apple pushes a new firmware for it.
BTW, This cannot be applied to basebands. Only iOS itself.

Most reactions

Latest posts