What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this correct??

artemisblossom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to have the choice to sync or not when I connect my ipad to itunes. I am trying to turn off automatic syncing is this the correct way to do it?
edit< preferences<devices and check the little box that says "prevents ipods, iphones, and ipads from syncing automatically".

If I want to add new content to the ipad like a movie or an app or a book without resyncing everything how do I do it? Would this work if I was switching between 2 itunes accounts?

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, that's the correct way to set it. If you want to add something, to the iPad, just be sure to add a check to that item and don't uncheck anything you don't want deleted, and then Sync. iTunes will scan the iPad and add anything that's not on the iPad already. Probably, what you really want, is to not have to do the backup and the sync together every time. That's what slows the process down. Theirs a free program from "digidna.net" call "BackOff" that allows you to disable backups whenever you want a quick sync, and not a full backup. Don't forget to do a Full Backup at least once a week, it could save you a lot of grief if something goes wrong. "Murphy's Law" loves all electronic devices.:)

Most reactions