What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is This A Good Deal?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is a refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. I have a little cash to burn and was wondering if this is a good price and would it be a good product to get to know about an Android OS system? It's Os version is Ice Cream Sandwich--is this the latest version?

Attachments

• image-3706719717.jpg
    image-3706719717.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 883

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I don't know about the price....I'd check it against a new one. the latest version on the android Os is 4.2.1, jelly bean.

Is you goal just to get to know android? If so, the nexus 7 might be a better choice unless you just want a larger screen or that s pen....the screen on this one has a digitizer, so you can do finely detailed writing on it, much better than using a stylus on your typical tablet.

That is a very good android tablet, by the way.

Last edited:

Sonicrobby

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Checking out best buys site, the galaxy note 10.1 is 500$ so it's about $120 off. So in my opinion it seems like a good deal.

Regarding the OS, not sure if it is the latest, but it should be able to upgrade to the latest version with no problem

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On android, you can only update the OS when the manufacturer sends it out. And when that happens is anyone's guess. You cab root and rom it, though......but that is not anything sanctioned by Samsung.

OP
MattIM

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the input. I thought this was a good entry point to a tablet made by the main rival to Apple hardware, on an OS that I have no knowledge.

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On android, you can only update the OS when the manufacturer sends it out. And when that happens is anyone's guess. You cab root and rom it, though......but that is not anything sanctioned by Samsung.

To be fair, jailbreaking is also a non-Apple sanctioned activity as well. Do not let that stop you from Rooting. I say go fer it, be reckless and flirt with danger. I say it is time to Root the planet and take back what is ours. But I digress.

I love the Note. Nice large screen.

There was discussion on another forum about new phones with larger screens.

Most reactions

Latest posts