1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Is This A Good Deal?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by MattIM, Jan 5, 2013.

1. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    This is a refurbished Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1. I have a little cash to burn and was wondering if this is a good price and would it be a good product to get to know about an Android OS system? It's Os version is Ice Cream Sandwich--is this the latest version?

Attached Files:

2. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    I don't know about the price....I'd check it against a new one. the latest version on the android Os is 4.2.1, jelly bean.

Is you goal just to get to know android? If so, the nexus 7 might be a better choice unless you just want a larger screen or that s pen....the screen on this one has a digitizer, so you can do finely detailed writing on it, much better than using a stylus on your typical tablet.

That is a very good android tablet, by the way.
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  3. Sonicrobby

Sonicrobby iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Checking out best buys site, the galaxy note 10.1 is 500$ so it's about $120 off. So in my opinion it seems like a good deal.

Regarding the OS, not sure if it is the latest, but it should be able to upgrade to the latest version with no problem
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2013
  4. AQ_OC

AQ_OC Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +430 / 0
    On android, you can only update the OS when the manufacturer sends it out. And when that happens is anyone's guess. You cab root and rom it, though......but that is not anything sanctioned by Samsung.
  5. MattIM

MattIM Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Thanks for the input. I thought this was a good entry point to a tablet made by the main rival to Apple hardware, on an OS that I have no knowledge.
  6. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +73 / 0
    To be fair, jailbreaking is also a non-Apple sanctioned activity as well. Do not let that stop you from Rooting. I say go fer it, be reckless and flirt with danger. I say it is time to Root the planet and take back what is ours. But I digress.

I love the Note. Nice large screen.

There was discussion on another forum about new phones with larger screens.