What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a death knell?

Eyemay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had good service and use the unit a good bit. Suddenly the strangeees hit. It would run and then drop to a blank screen. Sometimes when running there were small blue flash lines in an area. Now it lingers at start and then waits for me to key in my code. The normal pattern starts and a small screen that seems to reference CLOUD appears and then blank. I can wait quite sometime before putting in the code but as soon as I do the thing goes blank in a split second.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It doesn't sound good.

If you haven't done so, try a reset. Hold down the home and power buttons untill the Apple Logo appears.

But, most of what you are talking about sounds either a dispaly problem, or a problem with the graphcs chipset. With the iPad 1, it's probably not worth the time or money to fix it, even if you do so yourself (not recommend for the non-tech).

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've had good service and use the unit a good bit. Suddenly the strangeees hit. It would run and then drop to a blank screen. Sometimes when running there were small blue flash lines in an area. Now it lingers at start and then waits for me to key in my code. The normal pattern starts and a small screen that seems to reference CLOUD appears and then blank. I can wait quite sometime before putting in the code but as soon as I do the thing goes blank in a split second.
A Genius Bar appointment at the nearest Apple Store would confirm the suspicion that the screen or graphics chipset are failing.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) BUT, what the H*&# are you talking about? I'm assuming that you own the original iPad released in 2010 (forum posted to), so now pushing 6 years of age, and that the device is behaving as described above - correct? If so, have you tried to 'Reset' the iPad - plus, what iOS is installed? Probably time to consider a new iPad - MUCH has changed - a year ago I went from an iPad 2 to an Air 2 - Dave
47361793.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts