What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there gonna be a simple jailbreak?

bL33d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last time i jailbroke my iphone right after blackrain came out and it was easy as pie. I did my daughters ipod touch 2nd gen with green poison.

Is there gonna be something like that for ipad or am i screwed because i never has 3.2 and got shsh blobs....

mathen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Last time i jailbroke my iphone right after blackrain came out and it was easy as pie. I did my daughters ipod touch 2nd gen with green poison.

Is there gonna be something like that for ipad or am i screwed because i never has 3.2 and got shsh blobs....
Lets wait ,at lest till release of 4.2.5

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure once Comex completes his untethered jailbreak it will be packaged into something just as simple as limera1n or greenp0ison was. First order of business is to get a bug free untether working though!
redsn0w is also quite easy to use, although its not a "one click" and can confuse newbies, but there are plenty of youtube videos to show you the steps...

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read last night that he thinks he may be waiting until the Verizon iPhone comes out to release his untethered JB.

OP
B

bL33d

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would use redsnow but from my understanding u need a Mac and shsh blobs.

I bought this iPad and it had 3.2 on it (I got it only 3 weeks ago) if I woulda knew better I woulda jail broke it then but I thought there was a jailbreak for 4.2.1 :p

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would use redsnow but from my understanding u need a Mac and shsh blobs.

I bought this iPad and it had 3.2 on it (I got it only 3 weeks ago) if I woulda knew better I woulda jail broke it then but I thought there was a jailbreak for 4.2.1 :p

Yes, you won't have an untether option at the moment because you don't have the right blobs.
Your only option is tethered redsn0w, although a lot of folks have found that it is not as bad as it sounds. You rarely need to reboot an iPad once the initial Cydia core installations have gone through. I've only rebooted a couple of times in the last few months.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm still on 3.2.2, and my pc is windows. I've been trying to figure out the the best option for jailbreaking 4.2.1, but with all the diff betas, and I've read reports of things not working after (gps, 3g, bluetooth) what can I use to jailbreak 4.2.1 right now on windows and not have anything screwed up or lose any functionality after?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm still on 3.2.2, and my pc is windows. I've been trying to figure out the the best option for jailbreaking 4.2.1, but with all the diff betas, and I've read reports of things not working after (gps, 3g, bluetooth) what can I use to jailbreak 4.2.1 right now on windows and not have anything screwed up or lose any functionality after?

Your only option at the moment is the tethered redsn0w jailbreak.

Munky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which version doesn't have any of the aforementioned errors after jail breaking?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Which version doesn't have any of the aforementioned errors after jail breaking?

The links on the dev-team blog are dynamic and always point to the latest stable version.

Dev-Team Blog

Click the one you need (mac or windows) at the bottom of the first post.

Most reactions

Latest posts