What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any widget like this?

Walid Azizi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know a widget that has a mini keyboard so I can type notes as fast as possible. I know there is copy savers but I want something like this.

Gtatler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am sure that in the past I had such an app, but the keys were very small. Sorry I can't give you the name of it.

However, Evernote has a widget which might be suitable. It has text, photo, reminder, lost and search note. Tapping any of these will open Evernote at a suitable input page. The widget can also display a few lines of the most recent Evernote pages. And Evernote can also be used on a PC and synch with the IOS machine. I use the free Evernote account which I find OK for my needs, but there is also a paid account enabling a larger amount of pages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Probably not what you want, but you can use Siri to take a note without unlocking the iPad. Hold down the home button until Siri beeps, say "Take a note" and then the text you want, including any punctuaion and 'new line/paragraph' commands. Keep the Home button pressed if you don't want Siri to end the note at your first pause for breath (or thought).

Kind of awkward in public, and not 100% accurate; but it is probably the fastest way to make a quick note; and it is usually accurate enough that you will remember what it was you were trying to remember.

If you scroll down after dictating a note you'll se the text Siri detected. You can tap on this to edit it without leaving the Siri Screen. Unfortunately editing the Siri input creates a second note with the new text instead of changing the original one. However, if the first note was completely unacceptable (maybe a date or number is wrong) this is a quick way to fix it without having to start over.

image.png

OP
Walid Azizi

Walid Azizi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sure that in the past I had such an app, but the keys were very small. Sorry I can't give you the name of it.

However, Evernote has a widget which might be suitable. It has text, photo, reminder, lost and search note. Tapping any of these will open Evernote at a suitable input page. The widget can also display a few lines of the most recent Evernote pages. And Evernote can also be used on a PC and synch with the IOS machine. I use the free Evernote account which I find OK for my needs, but there is also a paid account enabling a larger amount of pages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Are you talking about Neato? I know evernote and it doesn't let me write directely.

I know siri which is useless, i want to type not talk since i use small words.

Most reactions