What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is there any chance to get it back?

protocol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I am new here in terms of user, but I always read threads. But now I need solution so I am now registered here.

Okay, I had an iPad which is stolen before a week. now I had MobileMe app set up in my ipad. But I think before I got to know about my iPad its been reset or something with data so that I couldn't get it.

is there any chance to get my ipad back? is there any way to find out still after reset of my ipad?

What I should do except police complain? I know that but is there any way in terms of technical way?

In short, I had iPad and I lost it and I am sure that that guy must have hard reset it as I got to know about my stolen stuff after almost 10 hours or something. So is there any way even after wiping off my iPad I can still able to use any way like mobileme or something to get back or track??

Thanks for hearing me and if you can please reply me but only proper answers. No advices like I should care and all. I didn't have a pin set up. And I know i should but please let me know the way.

Thanks again...:eek:

OP
P

protocol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for advice but I need some technical answer who knows confirm that what are the steps and any chances or not logically!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
protocol said:
Thanks for advice but I need some technical answer who knows confirm that what are the steps and any chances or not logically!

Do as SweetPoison suggested, call Apple and ask them if they can help......they may, or may not, be able to track/trace it.......do it now, the longer you leave it the less chance you have of seeing it again.

The Archangel

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Was it a 3G model or wifi? I had my wifi stolen and tracked it with mobleme/find device. Mobleme showed its exact location. Showed that to police. NOTHING!!!!
Later I find out that wifi models do not track to exact location as 3G does. Wifi only show ruff location within 1/2 a block in all directions.

Bottom line, contact police and tracked device within hours of theft and nothing. I was able to disable the device and send a message that appears on the screen that said, "Please return this stolen iPad to the location you took it from, you #$%#%$^^*&*^&%$@#" This was the only satisfaction I got out of the whole experience.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SheerLuckHolmes said:
Later I find out that wifi models do not track to exact location as 3G does. Wifi only show ruff location within 1/2 a block in all directions.

Depends on the quality and locations of Wifi in that particular area. I've had my iPad pinpointed to within 15m of its real-life location via Wifi.

OP
P

protocol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks but what I am saying is its been a day or two since my iPad has been stolen. And I tried with mobile me. It's keep searching the location.

What I am asking is if in case thief has erased all data and settings then is it possible to find? something like in setting-> Reset with all data and settings something like factory default settings with wipe off all the data.

So in that case is it possible?

Thanks so much.

And it is 3G + Wifi model. But i think he erased everything. so now what?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
protocol said:
Hi guys,

Thanks but what I am saying is its been a day or two since my iPad has been stolen. And I tried with mobile me. It's keep searching the location.

What I am asking is if in case thief has erased all data and settings then is it possible to find? something like in setting-> Reset with all data and settings something like factory default settings with wipe off all the data.

So in that case is it possible?

Thanks so much.

And it is 3G + Wifi model. But i think he erased everything. so now what?

A restore with iTunes would kill the chance of you finding it with mobile me. But apple knows the uid, and that can't be changed. So they know where it is.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, you never know until you ask. Go contact Apple and tell them your situation. Do it now. They may be able to help. But the longer you wait, the greater the chance of you not recovering it.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nakedbabytoes said:
Exactly. Your itunes should show a serial number, and when they sync to iTunes with it on their computer, it will send that info to apple. I would call apple. See if they can help you locate it. Bummer!
Bad electronic Karma to them!! Thief!

Well, there are two ways to identify the device, one, the serial number. And two the UDID. I think the serial number can be changed with some hacking, but the UDID can't.

bhavana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the UDID? Is it the same as IMEI?

Can the IMEI of an ipad be changed/ formatted?

Pingles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's say, just theoretically, that YOU stole an iPad and you're asking if there is any way someone can track it if you wiped it. The answer is YES. :)

Just theoretically...

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I hear crickets chirping...

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Attachments

• image-3258472051.png
    image-3258472051.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 735

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mtnmedic said:
I hear crickets chirping...

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Michael, you are always good for a laugh. OP, I am sorry sorry that you are going through this. I hope you get it back. If not, my mom told me that my gramma used to curse people who stole my mom and uncles stuff. If it was like a ball, she cursed them so they would get a rash. My mom cursed my little bros iPod so the theifs ears would itch. TOOO FUNNY. u could curse them and make their brain jumble and they have no recourse but to return it because they forgot how to hack or even think. Lol. Funny anecdote eh?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

iCrank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im sorry to hear that but unless you're someone who holds importance apple or the police won't do anything about it. apple wants you to cough up more money and the police are just going to add it to a stolen list. 9 out of 10 times, they won't ever come by it.

Most reactions

Latest posts