What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there any android device which have a retina display or something like that.

dreamerdonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, I know my question look dumb. But everyone don't like the same thing always. One of my friend is a hardcore android fan. So I show her my new iPad 4 and after she use it for a while she don't like my device system (I really don't know why) but she do like one thing and that's the retina display. So is there any android device out there which OS is android but have a decent display. I am dumb but even I know no android device have such thing though I ask in case who knows. So if any one know any android device like that then please share the name.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Retina display is simply Apple's name for a display that it of such high resolution that the eye cannot differentiate the individual pixels so, no, there is no Android device with a Retina display but, yes, there are plenty with displays that are just as good.

Hope that answers your question.

Tomato

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's all about the resolution. 2048x1536 resolution makes the current Ipads have a good display. There actually is one that can beat it in resolution though. The Nexus 10 has a resolution of 2560x1600.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Funny how "they" all seem to copy Apple. ;)

Been the Android route....won't go back anytime soon!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Funny how "they" all seem to copy Apple. ;)

Been the Android route....won't go back anytime soon!

Copying, like how Apple made a mini long after other companies, lol? That's typical of businesses in general. Success breeds imitation.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The nexus 10 has the highest resolution of any tablet, but you can't really seen the differences unless you are like 5 inches from the screen. Asus has the infinity pad at like 1900 by 1600 and Acer A700 has the same resolution. The kindle hd 8.9 is very close to the iPads screen. I believe one of the nooks is also very close too. But the kindles and nooks have such thick skins that, IMO, they cannot be said to be true Android tablets, if you are looking for a true android experience. They are what they are, though, and if that suits you you will Like them just fine. Neither one of them could suit me. However. I got the nexus 10 and as a device, it is great. Tablet apps suck, in terms of numbers of them, which is a big downside, IMO. I like cool apps....to me, they are what makes tablets of any real interest..if all I want to do is surf, email, and watch movies, any laptop will do that just fine.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Copying, like how Apple made a mini long after other companies, lol? That's typical of businesses in general. Success breeds imitation.

Apple is typically not first with an idea, but they are usually first to figure out how to make a profit from said ideas. Clearly, this is much more important.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple is typically not first with an idea, but they are usually first to figure out how to make a profit from said ideas. Clearly, this is much more important.

As a consumer, I look at value for my money, so profit margin is irrelevant to me when I shop.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
As a consumer, I look at value for my money, so profit margin is irrelevant to me when I shop.

Same for me. In fact, I have never made a purchase with any concern whatsoever about somebody's profit margin. I seriously doubt anyone else does. Yet, apple manages to be very profitable when others before it and after have not.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This column from the Harvard Business Review may be of interest.

To Spur Growth, Target Profitable "Prosumers" - Eddie Yoon - Harvard Business Review

AA

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I separate my investment strategy from my consumption. When I shop, what I get out of the transaction is what counts. So yes, I will pay more in instances when I see higher value.

Sometimes, some companies deliver great value to me, but they might not be making much profit. That's their prob. If they can't figure out how to run their business, too bad for them.

When I invest, I filter from a different perspective.

I don't have allegiance toward companies in either case. If they can't deliver for me, I move on. I'm not emotionally invested in them.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
Kaykaykay said:
I separate my investment strategy from my consumption. When I shop, what I get out of the transaction is what counts. So yes, I will pay more in instances when I see higher value.

Sometimes, some companies deliver great value to me, but they might not be making much profit. That's their prob. If they can't figure out how to run their business, too bad for them.

When I invest, I filter from a different perspective.

I don't have allegiance toward companies in either case. If they can't deliver for me, I move on. I'm not emotionally invested in them.

Ergo, "never fall in love with a stock."

I enjoyed the back and forth. Thanks for the feedback.

AA

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts