What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an iPad app that lets your write movie, tv and comic book scripts?

nery19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Right now I use screenplay but to my knowledge that only allows people to write movie scripts which is all fine and dandy but I was wondering if there was something that could write comic book scripts and tv scripts too (an all in one app or seperate apps it doesn't matter). I use Final Draft on my desktop which allows all of them in one program and I know Celtx does it too but the problem is I don't know if Celtx I can write on the Celtx app and then transfer it to the Final Draft program on my laptop. As far as I know they're not compatible. So if someone could correct me if I'm wrong or tell of an app or apps to write these different scripts that would be great.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I've got Storyist, which will do screen plays and novels. You can also set up your own templates. I don't know if it is flexible enough to do comic books, since I have no idea how they differ from the others.

Confession: I don't actually use Storyist, at least not after I finished checking out the features. I'm always going to write something someday, so I have a tendency to pick up nice apps when I see them, just in case. :eek:

Last year I heard that FinalDraft was supposed to come out with an iPad version, soon. Haven't seen it, though there are a couple apps that claim to be compatible.

Last edited:

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I thought I saw something about comics on the Storyist forum but a search just now did not locate it. You can ask them about specifics there. The author is very helpful.

I love the product and have written now a complete - though as yet unpublished - novel using only Storyist on my iPad.

OP
N

nery19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brilliant!! Thanks guys :)
I've been looking at Storyist the past couple of days and I'm leaning towards getting it. Apparently you can create your own templates and get them off people in the forums. The problem is I don't know if thats for both iPad and desktop or just desktop. I asked on support but got nothing back so I was wondering if anyone here could help me with that? Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is a user forum on the Storyist website, under the Support tab. In the iPad area of the forum I found the answer is slightly more complicated than yes, but still yes. The desktop and iPad versions of Storyist use the same file format. You can import and use the desktop templates.

OP
N

nery19

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay. Thank you so much for your help. This would have been a lot harder to get my head around with it. :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I haven't checked it out, but there was a free app of the week offered via Starbucks called Halftone, which was billed as allowing users to "Star in your own comic book."

I have a free app code for it, if anyone wants, though it's probably only good in the U.S. app store. If anyone wants it, let me know on this thread and I can PM it.

Most reactions

Latest posts