What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an iPad 4???!!

VlogSalad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am SO confused! I there a full sized ipad 4 out now? Or is the ipad 4 the mini version?
I've heard you can't get the third ipad any more and I've checked and can't tell if it is the new ipad 4 in the store or the ipad 3! I'm so confused as to why is going on.
I've never heard any announcement for a full sized ipad 4, just people saying there is one! Please help

jwjohnson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The current full sized iPad is called simply the iPad with Retina Display. It is the fourth full sized version of the iPad. Hence, iPad 4 - although Apple doesn't call it that - nor did they call the third version the iPad 3.

Wingless

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes the 4th generation came out with the mini same day. It's not called iPad 4 though, it's called iPad with retina display. Even tho iPad 3 has that too..
But yes big new iPad that's twice as fast as 3 and mini with iPad 2 guts (ew) are both out and are different.

OP
VlogSalad

VlogSalad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ill tell you something, Apple are loosing out on customers calling it that, I planned to sell my iPad 3 just before the new one came out and use that money to buy the new one.. I had no idea whatsoever that there is a new iPad out.. Checking the Apple Store I literally thought it was the same one.. The fact that the third one isn't ip even listed is ridiculous

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They need to call the 3 The iPad That Was First With Retina Display!

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree with most here....

Apple messed up on the naming of the last few iPads. Go to any store like Best Buy or similar and just listen to the customers talk amongst themselves.
Most have no idea the differences between ipad 2, 3, or 4.

I was just at Sams club tonight...they are selling iPad 2, 3, 4, and Mini.
With all but the iPad 4 on display......customers are lost as to what they are playing with or which one goes with which tag description.
Total confusion.

Why didn't they just print in small letters on the back......iPad 2, 3, 4, or Mini?

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Easy way to tell most stores will that the new new ipad pimped out on a showcase for everyone to and use... The older ones will be out but not like the new ones lol.... And if one can't tell the mini ipad apart than they have a problem...

Sleaka J

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with most here....

Apple messed up on the naming of the last few iPads. Go to any store like Best Buy or similar and just listen to the customers talk amongst themselves.
Most have no idea the differences between ipad 2, 3, or 4.

I was just at Sams club tonight...they are selling iPad 2, 3, 4, and Mini.
With all but the iPad 4 on display......customers are lost as to what they are playing with or which one goes with which tag description.
Total confusion.

Why didn't they just print in small letters on the back......iPad 2, 3, 4, or Mini?

They've been doing it for years with their iPods, Macbooks, iMacs, etc all under one product name.

It will probably happen with the phones eventually.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Easy way to tell most stores will that the new new ipad pimped out on a showcase for everyone to and use... The older ones will be out but not like the new ones lol.... And if one can't tell the mini ipad apart than they have a problem...

Not in the stores I've been in........they are all a mixed lot with little to no distinction between them.
Us that are a little more educated on the product can tell the difference but most can't.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stopped by Target last night and they still had iPad 3 on display. Easy to tell because it had retina screen and the 30-pin plug. Nothing else was displayed, but the sales guy said they had iPad 4s and minis in stock.

rhardin

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe some are still wanting to push the 3 one so they don't lose money.... My best buy had the 4 in the kibble of the store like a Christmas tree along with the mini same with Nebraska.....

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe some are still wanting to push the 3 one so they don't lose money.... My best buy had the 4 in the kibble of the store like a Christmas tree along with the mini same with Nebraska.....

They weren't selling the iPad 3. They just had iPad 4s and minis. They just have an old display. I was surprised, because it's one of those supersize Targets. I don't go there much because it's out of my way. I usually go to buy several months of household supplies all at once.

Most reactions