What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an app to turn off auto correct...

rfmeredith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But keep spell check on?
C'mon Apple. Aren't you listening to your users?
Has anyone invented an app to workaround this flaw?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Not yet. I'm hopping it's a minor (unadvertised) change in iOS 5. The inclusion of a system dictionary available to all apps (if the developer so chooses) is encouraging.

thewitt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
rfmeredith said:
But keep spell check on?
C'mon Apple. Aren't you listening to your users?
Has anyone invented an app to workaround this flaw?

Did you report this to Apple? Posting that here is not making a request to Apple

-t

OP
R

rfmeredith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know. The intent of the post was to ask if there is an app for this purpose. I am sure Apple knows about this. I don't think they consider it a flaw.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know. The intent of the post was to ask if there is an app for this purpose. I am sure Apple knows about this. I don't think they consider it a flaw.

You've probably read it elsewhere in the Forum but there is a workaround for the annoying autocorrect. A Member noticed that the iPad never autocorrects names in the Contacts app, so he suggested entering frequently 'autocorrected' words there as a 'spoof' contact. It works wonderfully if the iPad is constantly autocorrecting business or technical or other terms. For sure, it's a work around, but it does work.

Tim

OP
R

rfmeredith

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You've probably read it elsewhere in the Forum but there is a workaround for the annoying autocorrect. A Member noticed that the iPad never autocorrects names in the Contacts app, so he suggested entering frequently 'autocorrected' words there as a 'spoof' contact. It works wonderfully if the iPad is constantly autocorrecting business or technical or other terms. For sure, it's a work around, but it does work.

Tim
Thanks! Sounds like a good plan until Apple comes up with something better.

Most reactions

Latest posts