What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an app to make the volume louder?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just downloaded Maura's new CNN and HLN app and it works wonderful. But as with anything I watch on my iPad ~

I can't hear it. Volume is turned all the way up on the ipad and in Settings.

Please tell me there is an app.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is why I don't watch movies on here. You can barely hear.:mad:

Just a thought....

'Settings', 'iPod', 'Volume Limit'->'Off'

I know you're not listening to music but other Members have suggested this setting affects movies too...I don't watch movies, or play games, on the iPad so I can't speak from personal experience...I'm just a sad individual...:(

Tim

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is why I don't watch movies on here. You can barely hear.:mad:

Just a thought....

'Settings', 'iPod', 'Volume Limit'->'Off'

I will try that Tim! All my games are very loud. When I play, which is not often at all, but they are loud. Just thought of that.

It is the videos and movies....

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the problem the same on all your movies? What about music; does that play at poor volume too? I mention this because you say that games play loud enough, so it stands to reason that it can't be a fault in your iPad's audio circuitry. You know it's going to be a real simple solution in the end!!

Tim

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I Googled this (of course) and lots of people seem to suffer from this problem. But I can't find any reliable solutions. I played a couple of my iTuneU 'movies' and the volume is just fine. I do have some music on my iPad too and that's plenty loud enough. Since Marie says that her games play loud enough it can't be an audio fault, as I said before. So it has to be software/app/setting related. Now I know that Marie's iPad is JB, so I'd like to blame that and get myself out of a spot here and shift all the responsibility for sorting this out to our youngest JB guru, Grayson.....:D

Tim

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not trying to promote or anything, ( note: in no way affiliated with product) but maybe try looking at a 'soundjaw'.? It's supposed to amplify sound.

Apologies if post is out of order.

Most reactions