What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an app to acess and work with a MS Access Database Files

NYLTiger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am anxiously awaiting the IPad2 and looking for ways to leave my laptop in the office on my business trips. I have one report I have to complete on each trip that was created in Access. I see apps that handle word and Excel but not Access. It is not a large database. Thanks for any help anyone has to offer.

SkinneBritches

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would love to see an App for Microsoft Access Database also. I'm looking at setting up a home server just to use mine on my iPad. Or, another option would be if I could take databases I already have and transfer them to FileMaker Pro & Go to use on the iPad. Does anyone know if that's possible? FileMaker Pros website isn't really full of information that I have found. Any more info would be greatly appreciated!

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you can forget about this... As someone who has developed applications using MS Access as both the front and (Jet) backend DB I would love it too on my iPad. Heck I would be happy to just have it on my Macs.

Michael

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The combination of FileMaker Pro and FileMaker Go should work. What I don't know is whether you can successfully port the Access database.

Expensive solution for personal use though.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

That looks like a promising solution, but as you stated, slightly pricy.[/QUOTE]

Especially when you add in the price of FileMaker Pro at about $300. They do have a promotion right now that gets you 50% off if you buy FileMaker Go first.

It's one of those tools that looks so cool I'd love to have it, but can't justify the price when I don't actually have anything to use it for. It would be a big step up from Bento, which meets my very minor database needs at the moment.

Am I a geek because I think Databases are cool? ;)

SkinneBritches

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I think databases are cool. They are really only not cool to those who don't understand. Those people also don't have an attention for detail nor do they care. That's my general opinion anyway.

I did see the "special" running for FileMaker Pro & Go which is one of the reasons I'm considering it. Although, it's not just personal use, it's for a small business. I will look into the possibility of porting the databases when I use the "Free Trial" they e-mailed me.

I will be setting up a large home server in about a year, (building new house, doing a Crestron Control System with the iPad...super excited about that...does that make me a dork because I think control systems and automation are cool? ... who wouldn't want to run everything from their TV, to the air conditioner, to alarm system, to the window shades from their iPad?)

So, anyway, setting up a server to VPN to later will be feasible. But I'm kind of looking to get started right away. Argh, very disappointed this solution has not been invented yet...

Does anyone find it weird that when writing in the iPad forum, iPad is red squiggly underlined for spelling errors?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Remote control house is way cool. :)

If you enter it often enough, the iPad eventually becomes self aware and stops with the self denial.

SkinneBritches

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Remote control house is way cool. :)

If you enter it often enough, the iPad eventually becomes self aware and stops with the self denial.

I chose to right click and add to dictionary...I like to to just get things taken care of.:D

Thank you all for your input. I will let you know the outcome.

SkinneBritches

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aww man, subscription based...blah! Not for me.

Control system is being programmed for new house. Should be up an running by end of February! Woo hoo!

Most reactions

Latest posts