What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an app that reads form fields in a PDF?

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have built some PDFs that have form fields in them, allowing a customer to complete the form, be it an application for credit or employment app and save it and return throguh email. When I receive these PDF files back I can export the data into an access table and only the field results are exported. I can then use the access table to sort the results.

I have some customers send the PDFs back annotated and I am guessing they used an iPad and good reader or iAnote or similar app. Obviously i cant export the data to my access tables. I tried opening the PDF with form fields on mynown ipad and the fields don't show. You can't add data to the fields.

Am I wishing in one hand and you know whating in the other?

Nate

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Take a look at PDF Expert. It might do what you want.

Hm, do a search for sign PDF form in iTunes. There are a couple of other apps you might look over as well.

Last edited:
OP
nateccnn

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PDF Expert is perfect! Format is clean, fields and check boxes are editable. Best signature I've seen in any PDF app. But it is expensive. 10 bucks. Ohwell...it is what I needed. I doubt my customers will pay for it just to complete my apps, but they can always go back to their office and use a PC.

Nate

Most reactions

Latest posts