What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an app...or does anybody know how...

retrokeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was wondering if there is a way to alphabetized your favorites in Safari,I'm tired of trying to remember how far to scroll down to find a particular site I've bookmarked,since they are added as you bookmarked them,in no particular order.Seem a pain that Apple wouldn't address this issue,since one of the main reasons I use my iPad is to surf the net,and I have the option to alphabetize them on my PC.It would make it alot easier to find a site if it was.I did call an Apple store and ask them why,but they said they could not help,there was no way to alphabetize the favorites bar. Rob

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, as you've discovered, bookmarks are not added in order, nor is there a way to automatically arrange them alphabetically. However, you can do this manually and, while a pain, it's effective. Here's how...

In Safari, press the book icon next to the URL bar, then press edit:

ImageUploadedByTapatalkBeta05041336878566.787620.jpg

Then, press and hold the gray lines on the right and drag your bookmarks around the drop down window:

ImageUploadedByTapatalkBeta05041336878609.889747.jpg

You can only edit one folder at a time. Again, it's not the best method, but it is what we've got. Hope it helps.

Marilyn

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Mickey- I think another member today was asking the same question. This will be added to my Evernote!

rstout1980

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, it worked. I was doing this but the wrong way, I was dragging them from the bottom up, but you have to drag them from top to bottom. If not it will reset to what it was before.

Most reactions

Latest posts