What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an app for watching QuickTime videos?

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
QuickTime is Apples main Video, So what do you think ? It wouldn't be compatible with iPAD ?

I am watching TED ( TED: Ideas worth spreading) movies, and it show them fine. I think it is QuickTime, since it show the big Q

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

The iPad comes with an app called (oddly enough) Videos that plays QT formatted (MP4) content.

And btw, what year is your Corvette??

OP
L

Lilredcorvette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

The iPad comes with an app called (oddly enough) Videos that plays QT formatted (MP4) content.

And btw, what year is your Corvette??

Hey C-4!

I've owned two 84's and a 98. Silver 84 was my favorite but loved the torch red 98. What color's yours? Do you visit the corvetteforum?

Why can't I watch QuickTime videos from my email? They're .wmv

Lost...please send help

Thank you!!
April

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi

WMV files are windows media files, they are not Quicktime. I use an app called Oplayer to watch WMV files, I think it was 4.99.

Tom

ding2chanlin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.dvd-to-iphone4.com
Why don't you get it from here:

VLC Media Player for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

and try it out. I am using it daily on my PC, and tried it on the iPAD as well

VLC works great both on ipad and iphone. And it also converts video formats. However, it seems that VLC can't play HD videos well on iPad?

OP
L

Lilredcorvette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One last question (on this topic), how do I view .avi videos on here??

Thank you,
April

OP
L

Lilredcorvette

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded VLC, VLC remco and air video and still can't view the videos. I'm sure the problem is the loose nut behind the wheel... Is there anyone willing to walk me through the process? When I tried to view it I was asked if I wanted to open it using VLC and said yes, but it still won't play.

*sigh*
:cry:

Thank you!!!

April

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't cry April, you'll ruin the upholstery in your Corvette!

There is a program called Handbrake that is one of the best for "transcoding" DVDs to MP4 and it will also do files (but I have never used that feature of the program).

HandBrake

(And yes, its free!)

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi

I was never able to get VLC to play WMV files either that is why I recommended Oplayer but when everybody else said it worked I assumed that I was doing something wrong. Maybe we all need a little more info. From your OP it sounded to me that you already had the WMV files in the iPad (like an email attachment and such) but now I am wondering if these are external files that you intend to bring into the unit if that's the case then using handbrake to convert them on your PC and moving them into the iPad through VLC/iTunes would probably be your best bet.

Most reactions