What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there an App for this?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay ~ so check it out:

I heard this yesterday, but not all of it as I had to jam into a meeting:(

Someone on a plane was on his ipad, watching the 49ers, football team. And this person next to him said "oh is that a recording" and he said "no"

"it is the real live game that is on right now" He got an app for that to play. So the guy next to him, went and got the same app for his iPhone and HE was watching the game too!

I want that app.

Any idea which one it was?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But I live in St. Louis. Why would I want to watch San Francisco play???

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Orb has to be setup on a home pc with a tv tuner card, so I doubt he could have physically set it up from a plane....

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well Direct TV's NFL SuperFan iPhone and iPad app would do it....

If they were a DirectTV subscriber...
And a DirectTV NFL Sunday Ticket subscriber...
And a DirectTV NFL Sunday Ticket To-Go subscriber.
And they were not subject to blackout (e.g., live in the bay area)

You do the math.

Speaking San Francisco I am in that area often and JUST missed being there for the game this past Sunday. :(

Michael

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon Wireless offers NFL RedZone. I don't know if iPad supports the app from Verizon or not.

On Android it's a free app offering free audio of NFL games, and if you get vCast you can actually stream them to your Android device.

With iPhone rumored to be coming to Verizon in 1/11 maybe that app will follow for next year. And iPad is coming to Verizon on 10/28 so maybe even this year.

Most reactions