What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a web cam for iPad 1?

Bloodnugget

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I am going overseas and I was wondering if there is a webcam for iPad 1 so I can Skype?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no, there is no web cam for the iPad1. You can still Skype, however, but you just won't be able to use video from your end (you will be able to see the video of the other person - if they have a camera).

Sorry. But still - enjoy your trip!

Marilyn

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
There is talk of a wifi webcam dealio being made. Or at leat there was before the ipad 2 came out. Ill look into it and see for you.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

tsingkee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Unfortunately, no, there is no web cam for the iPad1. You can still Skype, however, but you just won't be able to use video from your end (you will be able to see the video of the other person - if they have a camera).

Sorry. But still - enjoy your trip!

Marilyn

Hi juast wanna ask what the use of the small button in front top of ipad1, isnt the camera?

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tsingkee said:
Hi juast wanna ask what the use of the small button in front top of ipad1, isnt the camera?

That is the light sensor I believe to control auto brightness. That or it's the microphone but sorry not a camera.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that little button on the front of the iPad1, on the side opposite of the Home button, is indeed the auto brightness sensor.

Trust me - I owned the iPad1 for 18 months ... there is no camera.

Marilyn

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Yeah, that little button on the front of the iPad1, on the side opposite of the Home button, is indeed the auto brightness sensor.

Trust me - I owned the iPad1 for 18 months ... there is no camera.

Marilyn

I still have my iPad 1. I'm typing on it. The only button on the front panel of my iPad is the home button. Maybe Tsingkee has an iPad 2? On the iPad2 there is a little hole opposite of the home button--that is the camera.

Here is a picture of iPad original

f3d99e53.jpg

Here is a picture of iPad 2

44c04c48.jpg

Sorry for the poor pictures!

Last edited:

Most reactions