1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Is there a way to watch a .wmv video somebody sends?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by Panama, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Panama

Panama iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I have a few selections of short home movies done in .wmv that people have sent me by email. When I download them I get the message that this format is not supported when I try to view on my iPad.... I tried to help myself before posting so I did a search for .wmv and nothing comes up at all......Is there a way to do it? I also did a search for .wmv at the app store and nothing turned up .... So I am now here where the experts reside...Thanks.

PS...If you know a way please do it for dummies. :)
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,686 / 0
    One of the better apps I have found to view the .wmv files that people send me is "OPlayer HD." You can get a Lite version (read: free) at the App Store to see if you like it, or even if it works for you. The Pro version is $4.99 and has more features (and no ads).

There are plenty of other apps, this is just the one I use. Good luck on your search...

Marilyn
  3. Panama

Panama iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks. I was doing something wrong on my search ...... After I corrected my error..I found some things we could fix. Thanks.