What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to really quit an app?

BeIIerophon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Double click home button, multitasking bar opens, hold icon in multitasking bar for a second or two until it starts to "wiggle" and you'll see a little minus badge in top left corner.

Now, you just click that "minus" and app is "really closed".

On the other hand, i think that's really not necessary, since multitasking in iOS is really not like classical multitasking as seen on other devices and it's handled by OS in such matter that it doesn't effect OS response time.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ignore it and in a few days you will have forgotten about it.
If an app needs the ram the os will quietly close it in the background but the actual ram invovled is tiny.

Still amazed at what they can do with the limited ram on the machine.

wrecklass

iPF Noob
Reaction score
BeIIerophon is correct. Much like the Android, apps that are in the background aren't consuming resources unless they are specifically designed to do so. If iOS decides it needs to reclaim any memory, the app you have gone the longest without using will be "flushed." Yes, that is the technical term for freeing memory from cache.

mlts0807

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What does it do to the battery with alot of apps still running?

mwhartman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I had an iPhone I found the iTunes way easier. Because of the larger screen, changing on the iPad is easier, I think.

Most reactions

Latest posts