What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to move my yahoo or google contacts to my iPad contacts

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This would be great if there was a way.

Cancel this i figured it out.

Last edited:

AprilRain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there~

I am sorry; I must be missing something. I am not getting the steps outlined in that link, perhaps because I'm using Yahoo and not Google/Gmail? After I clicked Next, it thought about it a while, then simply stopped with no error message.

When I previously set up my Yahoo account directly, my Contacts did not follow. The info on the page linked would suggest I can only do this via Microsoft Exchange? Regardless, I was not able to complete the process.

Thanks in advance~

IvanLasston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think there is a way to currently sync Yahoo contacts. I found some info on carddav for iphone OS 4 - but we aren't there yet for the ipad.

AprilRain

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Actually I was finally successful with this, and thought it was more straightforward than the above referenced link.

These instructions worked like a charm.

---------------

Apparently I don't have enough posts to be allowed to post an actual link!

Will try another post to get me up to the minimum number.

Lowjiber1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THANK YOU!!!! I've been trying for six months to import my Yahoo contacts. Many have tried to help, but your link above put me on the track to success.

I found the following link after referring to your's above. Between the two links, it worked like a charm.

Here's the link that was on the bottom of yours: Fix Yahoo! Contacts Syncing With iPad | TCGeeks

I was beginning to think I'd lost my mind.:eek: Thank You again!!!!

Dobbie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I have an old Yahoo account which contains a number of contacts which I want moved to my iPhone. I currently have enabled contact sync between my iPhone and my Google account. I do not want my Yahoo contacts meddling with my iPhone or let alone my Gmail contacts.

Is there a way to only bring in the 20-some contacts from my Ymail to my iPhone?

Most reactions

Latest posts