What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to look at history after the ipad has been restored/history cleared?

cameronzet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I do consider myself above average smart with technology so this has really stumped me. To my knowledge there is no way you could recover history off of a device after it has been cleared, because there is nothing storing it. Alright well here is the back story. I go to a school where we use iPads in the curriculum. About a couple months ago the school instituted these random iPad checks where they would take students iPads for a couple hours check them and then give them back. Yesterday this happened to a friend of mine, that night he received an email home with different websites that he had been to that are inappropriate to say the least. The thing is that when they put the iPad checks in place he factory reset his iPad not to mention clearing the cookies cache and history before. The only thing I can think of is that they pre-installed some hardware before that kept a list of history. How is this possible?

OP
C

cameronzet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As far as I know nothing survives a restore. Could be wrong though.

That's what I thought, that's why I thought maybe they had some hardware installed. The other thing I just thought of us when we log onto the WiFi it takes all the data from safari off and stores it on a server.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does the iPad have the school's AppleID? If so, they could monitor website use, by using iCloud tabs. Even I can do that, and I'm no network guru. There are more sneaky ways too, such as router logs.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

OP
C

cameronzet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the iPad have the school's AppleID? If so, they could monitor website use, by using iCloud tabs. Even I can do that, and I'm no network guru. There are more sneaky ways too, such as router logs.

Sent from my stock iPad 2

No everyone has there own individual id

Most reactions

Latest posts