What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to hook up IPad to car speakers?

Janisiga

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use IPad in car for music and/or audio books. Have 2 different kinds of portable speakers, neither last for more than 4 hours without needing recharge. Any recommendations? Car speaker would be so great. Thanks-- Jan

davidinvirginia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a cassette tape adapter (forget the brand, but bought at Best Buy for $20) that works well. Just plug the jack into the iPad and turn on the car player and hit play on the iPad. I also use my iPod this way. If you don't have a tape player and have an audio input, a simple cable will work. If you don't have that, there are some FM transmitters (expensive and don't always work well), that will do. You can also go to a car audio place and they can install an audio input and connect it to your car radio. That would cost you about $100.

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep.. An FM transmitter is the easiest way to get the sound coming out of your car speakers.. You set the transmitter to a frequency that isn't used in your area, then tune your car radio to that frequency.. Below is a link showing a few types of transmitters.. You can pick one up at any electronics shop, like Radio Shack..

iPad, iPhone & iPod Accessories FM Transmitters

Most reactions

Latest posts