What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to go from JB 3.2 to JB 3.2.1?

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would consider this for the improved wi-fi but I have 6 pages of apps most appsync's some bought. Would be very difficult to have to do this all over. Is there to go to 3.2.1 jailbroken and leave all mt apps intact?

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The wifi "fix" is total BS the wifi works just fine....3.2.1 and 3.2.2 are just jailbreak disablers.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
The wifi "fix" is total BS the wifi works just fine....3.2.1 and 3.2.2 are just jailbreak disablers.

dont see why you would say this when its been proven time and time again that 3.2.1 really does correct the wifi issues.

And apple isnt saying any BS about 3.2.2 they say themself that it is a patch to fix the PDF security whole. This is a huge security risk not just a JB block.

OP
P

pego99

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So is there a way to go from JB 3.2 to JB 3.21 without losing everything or a way to back up my 3.2 so I can go back to it if 3.2.1 gets screwed up?

ttgolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please help

I have the same issue. I got a replacement iPad from Apple Store. They told me it is still at 3.2 firmware version. I just JB version 3.2 but would love to get to 3.2.1 to fix the wifi issue. Is there a way to upgrade my firmware to 3.2.1 now? Obviously I don't have the SHSH for 3.2.1. Any help is really appreciated in getting my 3.2 JB iPad to 3.2.1 JB iPad.

peebee01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what I've tried:
I'm on a jailbroken Ipad 3.2
I've got SHSHs on file at Cydia for 3.2, 3.2.1 and 3.2.2
I've downloaded the 3.2.1 firmware: iPad1,1_3.2.1_7B405_Restore.ipsw
In itunes 9.1.1.1 I go to the connected iPAD and do a "shift-click" on Update.
Than it allows me to select the downloaded 3.2.1 firmware
I've modified my hosts file by adding: 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com in order to use the SHSH from Cydia instead of validating the firmware directly with apple.

However on this last step things go wrong apparently as I get an error message that the update cant be validated by Apple.

Looking at the file name of the firmware there is a hint this file can only be used to restore the IPAD, and I've restored following the process above succesfully in the past, so I'm pretty sure that will work it's just I would prefer to update instead of restore.

The thing I'm not so sure about is how different a restore from an update actually is, given that I've updated the ipad and have al ipas on file.
Maybe I'll just restore to 3.2.1 and see where this gets me unless someone can provide some insight into doing the update.

Digikid

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Sorry but this is just plain wrong. 3.2.1 does fix Wifi Issues.....and EVERY firmware breaks a jailbreak which is why you are supposed to wait for a jailbreak for that firmware.

Dr.Gee

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did previous jb versions use this PDF hole?

ralliart_rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi peebee01,
I just managed to do the exact same update as you're trying and managed to get it to work.
I think the issue may be that you need to update to the latest version of iTunes.
I mistakedly added the new line in the host file and kept getting an error 3104 message. Once i amended the already existing 127.0.0.1 to the cydia location it worked.
I only updated from 3.2 to 3.2.1 for the video freezing fix as my wifi was already ok using a 5ghz signal.
Cheers
Rob

ralliart_rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually scrub that, just realised you're trying to keep the jailbreak in place so the restore option is a no go
There's an app called pkgbackup for iphone, not sure it'll work with the iPad. Might be worth a look. I believe it backs up all your jailbreak data so you can restore it after re jailbreaking
Rob

peebee01

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried again after upgrading to itunes 9.2.1 (will be needed anyway for IPAD 3.2.2 once that is jail broken) but it indeed makes no difference.

What about restore, is the backup stored on your PC used after restore to copy all programs/photos/books etc?

ralliart_rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I restored from the backup i made in itunes before the restore. All my settings and apps were installed again.
I had to re download all of my jailbreak apps again though after the jailbreak.
This worked for me, but i can't say for sure it will be the same for you. Just check that everything is set in itunes to backup. My photos didn't back up for some reason, but i don't think i have them set to.

Most reactions

Latest posts