What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to download a free app offered in the Uk to your iPad in Canada?

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Go to the store in iTunes on your pc then sign out of iTunes.

At the bottom of the page in the right hand corner you will see a little round flag, it should be your countries flag, click on it, then choose the UK flag, which will take you to the UK Store.

Go to download the app you want and when it asks you to sign in, click on create an Apple ID. Create a new ID, but when it asks for credit card details choose none and when it asks for your address, then you need to enter a UK address.

To get a random UK address, go to Google Maps and find somewhere in the UK and use the address. Pick somewhere that is unlikely to be the address of an existing user, like a bus depot.

Once you have confirmed the new Apple ID, you can download free apps from the UK store. I have done this for the US store and the Spanish store. Works a treat.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sconlon said:
Just joined. Hello.

Move to the UK. Download the free app.

Return to Canada.

Or stop attempting to rip off the developer and buck up the few dollars the app is selling for in the Canadian AppStore.

fleur07

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to our forum! We hope you enjoy your time with us. If you have any questions, the Search feature will be your best friend. If that doesn't work, just wait someone will be around with the answers you seek. With over 200,000 members I'm sure someone will be able to help you.

While you're *looking around *here are a few links you may find useful.

We have an iPad manual available for download incase you ever need it.
Apple - Support - Manuals

Did you know we have our own App - Its pretty easy to use.
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/discussion-forum-for-ipad/id412896524?mt=8

We also have a gaming section. There is bound to be something there you like.
iPad Games
iPad Game Specific

Last but not least. Everyone has to play by the rules here. Please read them and keep them in mind when you post. http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Again Welcome and We hope you Enjoy Your Time Here!

Fleur

followthesapper

iPF Novice
Reaction score
....................Or stop attempting to rip off the developer and buck up the few dollars the app is selling for in the Canadian AppStore.

That's a bit strong. I used the method I described above to get the Onlive app, which is offered free in the US but is not available in the UK at the moment. How do you know sconlon isn't trying to do the same thing. You don't know if he is trying to get an app that isn't free in Canada.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
followthesapper said:
That's a bit strong. I used the method I described above to get the Onlive app, which is offered free in the US but is not available in the UK at the moment. How do you know sconlon isn't trying to do the same thing. You don't know if he is trying to get an app that isn't free in Canada.

That is not the intent of the OP. OP clearly states they seek method to obtain an app for free in one store that is NOT free in home market.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't read read that the OP is trying to obtain a free app in one country that is a paid app in another. We can't assume that is the intent of the OP.

We give the advice that Followthesapper provided to the OP to other members who live in countries that do not have the wide range availability of apps that others have.

OP
sconlon

sconlon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
Move to the UK. Download the free app.

Return to Canada.

Or stop attempting to rip off the developer and buck up the few dollars the app is selling for in the Canadian AppStore.

Please don't jump to conclusions, who are you to decide i was trying to rip anyone off? I clicked on the app store link from the internet and got the message "your request could not be completed and then noticed it was a co.uk address

I would have paid for the app . You appear to need to lighten up a bit.

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sconlon said:
Please don't jump to conclusions, who are you to decide i was trying to rip anyone off? I clicked on the app store link from the internet and got the message "your request could not be completed and then noticed it was a co.uk address

I would have paid for the app . You appear to need to lighten up a bit.

My apologies for inferring that by your qualifying the app as free a paid version was available.

Spoofing I do not take exception to. Outright theft I do.

OP
sconlon

sconlon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Midranger4 said:
My apologies for inferring that by your qualifying the app as free a paid version was available.

Spoofing I do not take exception to. Outright theft I do.

Apology accepted. I am very impressed that you made the gesture, it says to me that you have principals. I'm 60 years old and technologically challenged. I have no idea what's the acronyms mean as, for example what the heck does OP mean? Anyway all the best to you

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
followthesapper said:
OP, Original Poster, the person who started the thread.

I'm liking your new avatars, but I now have to look to see who you are....but very nice!

Most reactions