What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a way to copy photos from iPad to a USB Thumb Drive?

DHart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was wondering if the jump drive was formatted to look like a camera, coiled it be connected via the USB adapter and could one copy or transfer photos from the iPad to the jump drive?

Or is there a way to copy photos from the iPad to a SSD memory card inserted into the USB adapter connector?

I'm trying to find a way to physically transfer photos from the iPad to memory devices without using a computer (or having to use wifi or sending to a cloud.)

pastorsteve

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't see how. You're asking if you can export from one "flash" drive to another without a computer. Probably not. The iPad is a large "memory stick". Without the controlling capability of a computer, you would have to write a program (app) which would perform the task.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the camera connection kit to transfer pics/files from ipad to 2gb thumbdrive all the time with the help of ifile. Unfortunately you have to jailbreak to use ifile. Not sure if there is a compatible app from the app store though.

OP
D

DHart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks... I was hoping some app, perhaps a photo app, would offer this feature. Not sure I want to jail break to get it. I don't know enough about jail breaking at this point to decide.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maravill said:
Use dropbox.. Great app

I agree i don't use a thumb drive for anything anymore. Slide your file or photo into Dropbox and open on any other computer anywhere with Dropbox. You can't do it directly from Photos but make a folder on Goodreader, open the photos there and just upload to Dropbox. There are other apps that integrate with Dropbox too but this is one most everyone has.

Diane

Most reactions

Latest posts