What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a iPad chargeable battery pack u can connect for extra power incase bat runs

eddiethebhoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was wanting to know is there such a device for talking sake , where on a long plane journey that if you where watching movies for I.e , is there a apple device that you can charge beforehand and if your iPad ran out of power and you have no access to a mains or car charger , being able to connect a chargeable battery pack so to speak so you can have more power whilst out on the move or on a long journey on a bus or plane.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
eddiethebhoy said:
Was wanting to know is there such a device for talking sake , where on a long plane journey that if you where watching movies for I.e , is there a apple device that you can charge beforehand and if your iPad ran out of power and you have no access to a mains or car charger , being able to connect a chargeable battery pack so to speak so you can have more power whilst out on the move or on a long journey on a bus or plane.

Yes, there are battery packs out there...the only problem is that none of them that I know of provide enough power to support th new iPad for more than about half it's typical battery life. You need about 11000 mAH to get a full recharge off it it. Well, there is an one on amazon that can supply that much. Note the second one has 9900 mAH but has two USB ports. These both are highly reviewed on Amazon and work with the new iPad.

http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-IMP1000-Thunderbolt-Blackberry/dp/B003ZBZ64Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1335320460&sr=8-3

[url]http://www.amazon.com/New-Trent-IMP99D-Thunderbolt-Blackberry/dp/B002YFDRHW/ref=pd_luc_sbs_03_02_t_lh

[/URL]

Last edited:

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
eddiethebhoy said:

I have this on my list of things to get for my iPad. It is a Zaggsparq.

http://www.zagg.com/accessories/zaggsparq.php

iDuffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When purchasing look for at least a 2 Amp charging output (sometimes quoted as 2000mA) otherwise your iPad may charge very slowly or not at all. Note: This is different from the measured capacity (Battery Power) quoted in mAh.

The ZAGGsparq 2.0 looks good.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts