What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

is there a how-to tutorial for iFile?

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i wanted folders across-the-board, accessible by the apps (pages, numbers, photos, pdf reader, keynote, notes)...

i have a clutter of files in each program that i use. i don't have a clue how to sort them out for them to be organized in folders (work, personal, finance, health, family, etc)...

i purchased ifile but have no idea what to do with it, i can't even find my files there, much less sort them into folders... is that at all possible?

or i made a purchase error? i assumed it has the same functionality as windows explorer... only much better :)

china_cat84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iFile is a little different than windows explorer. Not everything is in plain English because apple never intended for anyone to be able to directly access the ipad's file system. Files aren't sorted the way they are in explorer and you better not go changing the names of files or you might end up restoring your iPad! Mostly, iFile is used for creating/altering themes and adding custom tweaks and widgets to the ipad's interface.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
88raymond

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the clarification. i have no interest at all in damaging the contents of this beauty :D

... and this brings me back to square one, lol! putting order to chaos... i wonder how cluttered those files - in each app - will be in a year's time... scary...

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can download a help file in many languages from Cydia.

I'll get a mod to scoot this on over to the hacking section.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why don't you google "ifile ipad youtube" - You will find a ton of tutorial like:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPv2DSE7epk]iFiles iPhone App Review - AppCalendar.com - YouTube[/ame]

OP
88raymond

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, they all refer to ifiles... what i have is ifile...

Most reactions