What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a flash player or similar app to use on iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddiethebhoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to a website on my ipad3 and it said on page I don't currently have adobe flash installed. What I want to know is there a adobe flash player for ipad3 or iPad or is there a similar app that is used to be able to view certain things on web pages that requires a flash player if so could you tell me what and how I go about it as it would be deeply appreciated.

milkmilklemonade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went to a website on my ipad3 and it said on page I don't currently have adobe flash installed. What I want to know is there a adobe flash player for ipad3 or iPad or is there a similar app that is used to be able to view certain things on web pages that requires a flash player if so could you tell me what and how I go about it as it would be deeply appreciated.

Iswifter.

I mostly use remote pc apps though, but iswifter is great when in a bind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
eddiethebhoy said:

Hello eddiethebhoy, inevitably, some one new comes along and asks the same question you post here. There is no flash player app or capability for the iPad. You can try browsers that simulate flash playing in website. The one I use is called Puffin. It is a browser and has a 50/50 chance of playing a flash embedded item on the website. I say 50/50 cause even this browser sometimes fails to play a flash item.

There are other browsers but I can't recall what does are...perhaps other member's will post before this thread is closed.

Read about flash on the iPad by following this link:

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/54704-flash-ipad.html

Last edited:

rushmore69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Speaking of Flash, I was disappointed Amazon video streaming does not work with any of the browser apps that enable some Flash functionality :(

Considering Amazon is a competitor with Android apps, I guess there will be no app for that.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Get the free Onlive Desktop app. It will let you run a windows desktop on your iPad. You can run word, powerpont, and excel. Also, you get IE. IE runs flash and with that you can run amazon videos.

milkmilklemonade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get the free Onlive Desktop app. It will let you run a windows desktop on your iPad. You can run word, powerpont, and excel. Also, you get IE. IE runs flash and with that you can run amazon videos.

Access to Onlives IE browser is only available if you pay the $5 / month subscription.

rushmore69

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I prefer standalone apps that do not need a computer active, but thanks!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
rushmore69 said:
I prefer standalone apps that do not need a computer active, but thanks!

What does that mean? What computer are you referring to?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
milkmilklemonade said:
Access to Onlives IE browser is only available if you pay the $5 / month subscription.

Oops. I forgot about that....but or only $5/mo you also get priority access their servers. And the flash issue goes away. Of course, I don't really care about flash...

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Isn't it a remote service, so not playing directly with tablet resources?

Yes, but that has little to do with how it works....and it works well. Certainly better than a tablet would that has little enough resources to truly handle flash.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Flash as such is not available on the iPad or any iOS devices. Even when Flash for mobile devices is used on other tablets, the experience is very poor, causing many customers to get aggitated. It was such a disaster that Adobe has discontinued mobile Flash. It is a controversial subject, so we shall close this thread. If you look up Flash in our archives you will find months of reading on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts