What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is there a bulb???

Mahaca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My 1 year old dropped the ipad off the couch...not a big drop. the screen will not come on now. I can still hear sounds, but it's just a black screen. Is there a bulb inside that can be replaced or is it garbage now?

Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My 1 year old dropped the ipad off the couch...not a big drop. the screen will not come on now. I can still hear sounds, but it's just a black screen. Is there a bulb inside that can be replaced or is it garbage now? Thanks
Hi, Mahaca! Welcome to iPF!

Maybe this will help:
Reset your iPad: press and hold Home and Power button simultaneously until the Apple logo appears. Release both and let your device power up on it's own.

Otherwise there's a problem with the hardware and it needs to be repaired.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My 1 year old dropped the ipad off the couch...not a big drop. the screen will not come on now. I can still hear sounds, but it's just a black screen. Is there a bulb inside that can be replaced or is it garbage now?

Hello Mahaca - welcome to the forum! :) If Johanna's suggestions have no effect, then you might want to do some firm taps on the back of the iPad - I know, sounds like kicking a car tire, but there are a couple of threads here (don't have a link to give you) if you care to search - has apparently worked for a few members - if still not effective, then you have to visit an Apple Store or a qualified Apple repair service - good luck! Dave

Most reactions

Latest posts