What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the Sony Tablet a challenger to the iPad?

Astroturf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sony have just released their new Sony Tablet S and aims to become the number 2 (behind iPad) in the market.

The only reason I ask about whether or not is is a a real challenger is due to the huge amounts of content and solutions already provided by Sony – Movies, Music, PlayStation, TV's and other media devices, etc.

Surely if this tablet works well with these other devises and can also access a comprehensive app store, then it may take off.
Sony Tablet launches in-store today | Connected home - Build

What do you think?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Its certainly an interesting choice. The fact that it works with all of the other Sony "stuff", as you pointed out, is a huge plus. Its got a lot going for it. But, its still Android based and therefore comes with the associated baggage. I have some Sony products, including TWO PS3's and we use those a lot. Nice products, for the most part.

Definitely a strong contender, IMO.

totemynote

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I doubt it. The 16GB Wi-Fi only is $80 more than the same iPad model. I could not find in depth specs either, battery life and so farth. There was a study/poll or whatever they call them just the other day that found no tablet can currently compete unless it at least $100 bucks cheaper. The coming Kindle Fire is very cheap but the battery life and many, many other things make it way less desirable than the iPad. But they will sell a ton of them I imagine.

Most reactions

Latest posts