What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the iPad too difficult to learn for a 62 year old?

iRule

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gave my mom 65 my ipad2 when I got the 3rd gen and she picked it up and had it mastered in a day,she goes nowhere without it and is now her only cook book,she said coolest gift she ever got.
I also let her try a transformer prime I had for a few weeks,she gave it back to me in a hour,did not like android interface / OS at all.

Since I am here...has anyone else noticed that your local Craigslist home page and sub pages do not zoom any longer,the account page does ?

WTH ?

Anyone knows,message me,thanks.

gr8panda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Isnt it just a wonderfully, addictive device Gr8panda? I love it! :)

Yes it is...we are like soulmate...i work, play even sleep with it...the only thing that i do without it is taking a bath...lol

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
gr8panda said:
Yes it is...we are like soulmate...i work, play even sleep with it...the only thing that i do without it is taking a bath...lol

I just checked,and there are several manufacturers who offer waterproof iPad cases.Now,even the bath and shower are no longer iPad free zones!:D

Last edited:

dadikongbaduy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
CRVetrano said:
I would like to purchase one for my father on Father's day... but I fear he may be too old to jive with the new technology! Any suggestions?

My son just gave me an iPad 3 and I'll be 71next month.

iPad is great to communicate with your relatives in real time anywhere you are if there is a wi-fi. You can show the place where you are at the moment that you are talking to them.

dadill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am trying to build up posts so I can reply to the original poster of this thread. In my 87 year old opinion it would help if he has an
instructor knowledgeable about the iPad. My son is a communication engineer. It is great to have something to ask him on a daily basis because I NEED help. I have been using computers since DOS and my iPad is a daily frustration.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dadill said:
I am trying to build up posts so I can reply to the original poster of this thread. In my 87 year old opinion it would help if he has an
instructor knowledgeable about the iPad. My son is a communication engineer. It is great to have something to ask him on a daily basis because I NEED help. I have been using computers since DOS and my iPad is a daily frustration.

Apple stores do host free classes on Saturdays. I don't know how near you are to a store but they are great

gr8panda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
I just checked,and there are several manufacturers who offer waterproof iPad cases.Now,even the bath and shower are no longer iPad free zones!:D

Just updated my wishlist....waterproof iPad case....checked....thnx ;)

Most reactions