What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the iPad going to be delayed?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-hulu-21010.jpg

Crunchgear just posted an article claiming that a key analyst expects the iPad to be delayed until April. He claims that a production problem is the blame and that only 300,000 units will be available at launch time, and will be specific to the US only.

There really is no proof offered to substantiate these claims, but if you are itching for an iPad better to play it safe rather then sorry. Get your order in as soon as you can as it will be first come, first served as always.

You can view the full article here: Analyst: iPad could be delayed until April

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only Apple staff know really the true .... we have not yet finish to read some rumor

Laren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm very disappointed that Apple is not saying anything in the way of updates... Why is that?

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They almost never do. They let speculation and rumor run rampant. It raises awareness and builds hype. Just look at the effect it's having on some people here...

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read an interesting article saying why they can't open Pre-order

if you know the trouble of the certification ... i can understand clearly why they cannot fix clearly the release date

I have a long experience in development and certification, and is not simple as the blog writer think it's a pain and long job ... but i believe Apple will release around march the Ipad but can be delayed for some days just for some details ....

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read an article in this morning's paper about the iPad being delayed by a shortage of a specific component.

All that brings me back to the feeling I had the day of the keynote. Why did they make such a hyper presentation when sales would not begin immediately after?

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They made the announcement because they were going to have to file for FCC approval for the device. Those filings are a matter of public record. If they hadn't announced, it would have been leaked by someone else, undoubtedly with a negative spin.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They made the announcement because they were going to have to file for FCC approval for the device. Those filings are a matter of public record. If they hadn't announced, it would have been leaked by someone else, undoubtedly with a negative spin.
Could another additional reason be that Apple was worried about upcoming competion and went ahead first at bat?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple Ipad is better than Android tablet

Could another additional reason be that Apple was worried about upcoming competion and went ahead first at bat?

About that point you are not so wrong ... don't forgot the stock market he is looking carefully of Apple, some people they even count the number of time Steve use it private plane and how long time take is trip ...

For be back on the subject when you develop a products even you made the best ''dev planning'' it's usual you delay of course when they have the products come out they know the production time but in the first production mistake always appear and i think the latest rumor we get it's because of that but don't be worry if it's a big one Apple should announce it otherwise the stock market will drop down ...

All the media and analyst look closely at Cupertino, because they know clearly the Ipad will be a killer and it will took long time for a serious competitor appear ...

Most reactions

Latest posts