What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the ipad 2 the ultimate travel campanion? Over s laptop?

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is for me, as well. Haven't used my laptop for anything meaningful except for astrophotography work only of well over a year since the first iPad came out. I use my iPad for just about everything. Freedom from the desk! Of course, I do have a nice rotating orientation stand and the Apple wireless keyboard for any lengthy input. But as a Tavel companion, it can't be beat. Excellent on the plane.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ayrton said:
My wife and I are taking a long flight in Feb. I plan on loading my iPad with some current movies and music to help the hours pass. The iPad seems to have a longer battery life than most laptops and on a non stop flight you can't charge the battery.

Also bought noise cancelling ear buds and a small amp to help out when both sets are connected.

Will report back after we do this.

I still may buy a MacBook Pro later.

I used mine on a 10.5 hour light to Mexico, the ipad2 worked fine but I found my ears were very sore from cabin pressure changes, even though I used buds and also Sony clip over psp headset,

Chuck6264

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a 2006 MacBook Pro die on me last year and pretty much replaced it with the iPad 2 haven't missed a beat. For me purpose of carrying a laptop on the road was writing music but the iPad has that covered.

warecornell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just returned from a 10 day vacation.

I left my MacBook Pro at home and did not regret it. While I was gone there were a few times I needed help from the office. Mostly I did not.

However I was able to prepare four responses to motions this is a feat somewhat at odds with my usual pronouncement that I need my laptop if heavy lifting is required.

Sent on the go from my  iPad2

Most reactions

Latest posts